UGH!!!

Patti Johnson
on 6/29/11 10:31 pm - Mooers, NY
Went to dr. yesterday for 4 week checkup and a lot of pain and vomiting when I eat. He did an EDG and there is no stricture or ulcer. I still can't eat this morning and even water causes sooo much pain. I give up! Has this happened to anyone else?
  Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 10:37 pm
 U may be trying to eat too fast or  eating too MUCH  

try chewing  each bite   thirty times 

also  take HALF   a  spoonful

I know  I used to INHALE my food  so  I  ended  up on my back  OFTEN in the beginning (  i still  do forget and  it happens to me  NOW   too when i do that )  

MEASURE  ur portions ...  U also  dont want to stretch out Ur healing pouchie 

Ur only supposed to be having a 1/4 cup ! 

DONT drink with Ur meals  ... or 40 minutes afterwards
Patti Johnson
on 6/29/11 10:49 pm - Mooers, NY
Hi, I use a very small baby spoon and only put a tiny bit on the end. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to eat and i'm still on the pureed portion of the diet. I can't even get in 2 ounces of food in that time. When this all started, I thought I was eating too fast but I'v been very careful to eat in the 30 + minute time frame. i don't know what else I can do.
MajorMom
on 6/30/11 1:26 am - VA
Are you on a acid reducer?  Would the doc talk to you about anti nausea meds or dehydration? Dang! Doesn't seem right.

One trick you may want to try is to add some fresh lime juice to your water and sweeten to taste with Splenda. The acid balance helps some people have less pain when they drink. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Patti Johnson
on 6/30/11 1:48 am - Mooers, NY
Hi MM ,I take nexium every day and he said that if i had a stricture, stretching will help and if it's an ulcer meds would help. but since i have neither.... all he said was drink,drink, drink. My husband never saw him after the EDG, the nurse told us nothing was wrong. i do have to say dr. did edg inbetween patients for me, but  that doesn't help the pain any!
MajorMom
on 6/30/11 2:23 am - VA
I'm so sorry. Try the water with lime or lemon juice, and increase or add another type of antacid. Drink up as best as you possibly can...ice, crushed ice...popsicles...anything. Call the idiot...I mean your doc, in the morning if you can't get anything down. You may have to make a trip to the ER for fluids. Just be on the look out for dehydration. 

((hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

sqerlygirl
on 6/30/11 3:35 am
Patti...so sorry you are having problems! All of the above advice is great and I don't have anything to add. But sending prayers your way and hope this resolves itself soon!!

Char
RNY 11/28/10 5' 6"
HW 263/SW 217/CW 130/GOAL 134
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lucycat
on 6/30/11 4:04 am - Lewiston, ID
Patti, you're getting good advice.  What are you eating?

Sue

Patti Johnson
on 6/30/11 5:04 am - Mooers, NY
I'v been on the pureed diet since 6/15. I started with a scrambled egg for breakfast. A very tiny bit of cottage cheese for lunch and about 1 oz of pureed chicken or fish  for supper with water in between and a sf popsicle later at night. I usually just swithch up the order ofwhat I eat. I have such bad foamies today and dry heaves. i haven't eatten anything today and only about 10 oz of water so far.
Lucycat
on 6/30/11 5:13 am - Lewiston, ID
Oh Patti, I am so sorry you're experiencing this.  I was unable to eat eggs and still can't tolerate them.  Something that might work for you is greek yogurt with splenda and sf jello pudding mix.  I like the white chocolate, it's very mild.  I also have a breakfast yogurt made with greek yogurt, splenda, sf blueberry preserves and a couple of scoops of unflavored protein.  This makes 32 oz and lasts several days.   I  have to drink water that is room temperature, I can't tolerate it being real cold, so you might want to try that.   I also have a magic bullett and would puree black beans with a little salsa added. 

You're still healing so your pouch is probably very sensitive.  It is all about trial and error in the beginning and can be very frustrating, but keep trying different foods until you find some that your pouch likes.  Also, cream of chicken soup is pretty soothing, as is cheddar and broccolli.

Take care,
Sue

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views