Scope tomorrow Need HELP

Patti Johnson
on 8/3/11 11:25 pm - Mooers, NY
Well, I'v been on the carafate for a week now and it's not working. The pain is there even when I eat or drink now. haven't had much to eat for the past 2 days and i'm having a very hard time even getting 20 ozs down for fluids. Has this happened to anyone and if so, what did you do to get your fluids in?
  Patti Surgery date June 2,2011
BW -242 SW-219 CW-204 Goal - 120            
italianspice
on 8/4/11 1:19 am - Eastlake, OH
Havent been throug this and sorry you are going through this. Just want to offer a little support. My friend Joan went through this, I will see if she can give you any advice.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Patti Johnson
on 8/4/11 1:36 am - Mooers, NY
Thank You! I really need to figure out how to at least drink with this stomach pain.
Price S.
on 8/4/11 4:34 am - Mills River, NC
No help but hugs.  Hope the scope tomorrow will show what the problem is and they can get it fixed.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ruthie D.
on 8/4/11 5:06 am - Mayer, AZ
I would suggest, short of an IV, just like when you were in the hospital.  Ice chips.
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Roz !!!!
on 8/4/11 10:53 am - Butler, PA
I'm having a scope down tomorrow too!  Mines scheduled for 11:00am.  When's yours?

I haven't had any trouble drinking so I can't help you with that.  Hopefully they will figure it tomorrow.

I don't have my pain all of the time.  Mine comes in attacks that knock me off of my feet.  They took my gall bladder out in March but I'm still having the attacks. 

Prayers and (((HUGS)))  I'll be thinking about you!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Patti Johnson
on 8/4/11 10:16 pm - Mooers, NY
Mine is at 11:15 in Saranac Lake, NY. I hope Dr. Hill can figure this out.
roan1959
on 8/4/11 12:24 pm
 Maria told me about  your problem..here I am!  sorry its so late...just got home.  Are you also taking some kind of pill like nexium or omeprezole?  I am on omperozole 2x a day.  It took the carafate about 2 weeks to really work. make sure that you take it every 6 hours like they tell you.  Dont miss a dose.  I also drank warm decaf tea.  Try different temperatures of liquids and different kinds until you find one that works.  Honestly, I still dont get in 64 oz most days and I am almost 1 year out.  Some days are better than others. you might also have the start of a stricture.  I didnt have that, but I hear it is easily fixable while they are doing the scope,. I ended up in the hospital for dehydration because of the ulcer.  Maybe you need some IV fluids to get you feeling better while they figure out what is wrong.You Dont want to get dehydrated, trust me!  Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.  Friend me if you want to chat..  Good Luck tomorrow..                 Joan
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
Patti Johnson
on 8/4/11 10:18 pm - Mooers, NY
Hi Joan, I take Nexium morning and night, Carafate 4 times a day, but it feels like i'm swallowing glass every time I eat or drink now. I sweare  ther is a NYC subway rat gnawing at my insides!
roan1959
on 8/5/11 11:02 am
what did the dr say?  hope he can fix you up so you feel better.                             Joan
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views