Update

Just-Jenn
on 9/23/11 2:25 am - Midstate Region, PA
Well-  I went to the NUT appointment that I was dreading and the office staff scheduled me at the wrong location.  So the meeting never officially happened.  I however, did follow through with my commitment to see the Dr about my diabetes.  He wants me to go on a low dose of  Amaryl and continue my journey with weight loss, though my weight is not horrible compared to past.  I still have about 30 pounds I am determined to get off.  I also saw my WL DR about my vitamin deficiencies...need to start iron supplement and D supplements...everything else was in order.  He seemed encouraged that my weight loss will mean not having to be continuously medicated and encourage 10 more pounds to be at least my goal.  He agreed with my thoughts on not hurrying on medication...but we had a discussion of I know if this A1C continues to be high I can't avoid it much longer talk before that. 

I have ordered a new swim suit and plan on going to the gym again.  I am thinking I would like to attend an over eaters meeting- that it may help me with my journey.  We'll see.  I also enrolled myself into a local walk- never did it before.  I will be walking in the Walk from Obesity- Harrisburg PA...you can find my page under my name--- if your interested I can tell you my last name privately.  Probably not hard to find me, unfortunately it does not look like the turn out was huge.  My WL clinic gave reduce price to register to patients but I put my discount back toward donation for the cause.  Hugs- I miss being on more often but I have had so big fish to fry or should I say bake lately.  -Jenn-

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Price S.
on 9/23/11 5:20 am - Mills River, NC
sounds like you have a plan.  OE seems to have been helpful for lots of folks.  I hope you can avoid more meds.  Look at Vitaladys for D and iron.  She has what we need.  Come back when you can.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Eliza55
on 9/23/11 7:05 am - PA

Good Luck on your journey.  I'm hoping that when I get my blood sugar done at 3months out that the A1C has decreased - it should, as I'm not eating any carbs.

Take Care

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views