1st appointment from Hell

Kiwistardust
on 11/24/11 3:17 pm - GA
On November 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM Pacific Time, MacMadame wrote:
"Bothersomely, my Ma said "He tell the truth, don't he?" I knew all that before Ma. "Well, as a doctor he's required to tell you all those things."

But he was wrong that WLS is just for people who weigh 400+ pounds. And he's wrong that people with your amount to weight to lose are generally successful doing it without surgery.

So he's not telling "the truth" and he's not "required" to spread this misinformation.
 Sounds so one-sided, doesn't it? I refuse to return to him. "I can do anything I put my mind to"? Why didn't I think of that? Oh, I did - 4 years ago up until now! Diet pills worked while they did because it limited my food intake, but they were temporary and just make your body resistant; I need more "permanent/constant" restriction. I eat too much. Even when i try not to. It's an awful way to feel . . . 

I won't sadden myself! The new year will bring about new changes. *shakes fist* Or else!

Ht: 5'8     CW: 262      GW: 160

I'm so ready for change, it hurts. But all the hurdles I'll have conquered along the way make everything well worth it.

lerkhart
on 11/24/11 8:52 am
Good luck.  I'm in Georgia also.  I met with Dr. Macik for my first consultation, but then found one
closer to my parents which I love.  I just called his office and made an appointment.  I did not have to have a referral to meet with him for the consultation.

Hope your mom does not have you covered under State Health insurance because they are no longer doing bariatric surgery after 12/31/11.  Unfortunately, they can't see that the benefits over the costs.

Keep us updated and hope you find a way to do this for yourself.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/29/11 7:10 am, edited 11/29/11 7:11 am
Heya! You've gotten some great advice on this thread. I'm in agreement that it may be time to look for a new PCP, I went through a lot of PCP doctors who had the traditional view that weight loss was all about calories-in-calories-out and that not being able to control that was a character flaw or lack of self discipline. We all know that's an outdated load of crap! I finally found a good practice where the head PCP is very knowedgeable about how complex a metabolism is, how it often makes it impossible to loose weight even when doing things "right",  and how we really know very little about it. He only recruits like-minded doctors for his practice who are more interested in helping you feel better as opposed to judging you. It makes a HUGE difference when dealing with good doctors like that, and its nice knowing that my docs are open minded and want to help me do what I need to do in order to be healthy/happy. So ask around, and maybe interview a few doctors and see what's out there.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 437 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views