Tell me what I should get.

Kaysmommy
on 1/29/12 12:38 am - Silver City, NM
We are going to meet some friends for a playdate today at Dennys.  Ive only been there for breakfast.  What options are decent for me at lunch time?   I looked at their menu and nutritional value online and am not to impressed.  The old me would have ordered a the superbird without thinking.   Have any of you had a successful meal without leftovers there.  I dont want to have to carry leftovers around while the kids play after wards.  

Also what stuff would you put in your perfect trail mix.  I love trail mix but have been wanting to make a wls friendly version.   

I hope you all are having a great Sunday.   I have lunch and playdate fun going on with my daughter.  Then off to a care package making party for the hubbys unit.  

Aimee

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bettisima
on 1/29/12 12:49 am
Denny's is one of those places that the menu isn't great, but you can kind of create your own. They won't completely freak out of you order stuff alacarte.

Denny's also serves breakfast 24/7 so if you like eggs and tolerate them well, that is an option. Order a hamburger patty with cheese and salad on the side. Or a grilled chicken breast, with tomato slices. They typically have cottage cheese too.

When I go out, I look at the menu as suggestions using the ingredients available but it doesnt mean I need to take the package deal. So I pick what I want.r
Price S.
on 1/29/12 12:57 am - Mills River, NC
Ihaven't been to Denny's but have been very successful at just looking and ordering what I want, like the insides of a sandwitch or part of a meal but not all of it.  Good luck.

For the trailmix, I don't do it anymore.  I can't control my portions well because I will just keep eating and only the nuts are really ok and only in very limited amounts.  I guess you could add some popcorn but all the fruit ect are so high carb, I don't do them,

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kaysmommy
on 1/29/12 1:18 am - Silver City, NM
Price I could eat way to much trail mix too.  Ive been just buying some, and I know has not so good stuff as well in it.  Thats why I wanna make my own.  I was thinking of adding peanuts, almonds, flax seeds, and I dunno what else.  a tiny bit of dried fruit is OK with me, but I dont know what I should add.    Oh what I do so I dont overeat when I eat nuts I put it in a little butter container that we got from Outback.  That way when Im done I am done, and wont get anymore.  
Panda ..
on 1/29/12 1:30 am, edited 1/29/12 1:31 am
Ladytazz
on 1/29/12 6:06 am
I always bring home leftovers to give to my dogs.  Which is why my Chihuahua puppy went from 4 lbs to over 8 lbs since my surgery.  I am going to ask her vet if she qualifies for WLS.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Roz !!!!
on 1/29/12 3:25 am - Butler, PA
I hope everything worked out for you at lunch.  Looking at the menu ahead of time is a good idea.

We eat out a lot but I still don't do well.  I prefer buffets and I know I don't get my monies worth but I can decide what goes on my plate.  When we do resturants a lot of places will let me order off of the children's menu (DH always adds she doesn't eat much...lol).  If I can't figure out what I want I have 3 safe foods that I know won't give me a problem... soup, grilled shrimp, and 1/2 a grilled cheese on wheat or rye.   I don't worry about leftovers anymore, if someone eating with me doesn't fini**** off I just leave it. 

I'm like Price, I don't do trail mix.  It's just too easy for me to fall into the bad habit of grabbing and snacking.  Gina made some for awhile but I don't think she eats it anymore either.  Maybe she will chime in or you can write and ask her.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 1/29/12 5:52 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
No trail mix for me either.  Its a trigger and way too mant calories and fat, even though most of what's in it is good for you.

I often order a smothered chicken breast without the bun.  I get some funny looks, but I think they're getting used to it.  The sandwich options are cheaper and if you don't eat it all - its not a big deal.  When fries are a package with it, I ask for veggies and always get them.

I also find you get a bigger portion when you do that too.  Pulled pork is a favorite to do that with also.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

aspan
on 1/29/12 8:18 am
like the others said I wouldn't do the trail mix right now..I eat trail mix with some dark chocolate pieces, almonds, cashews, and a small amount of peanuts when I know im not getting enough calories in and I start loosing weight..the trail mix stalls the weight loss in no time..so if that tells you anything its that its not a good thing when you want to loose weight...Earlier out though I did eat a handful of almonds..I would pre measure them and they satisfied my need for crunch and I didn't want to over do it like I do the mix..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views