Was JUST introduced to the lightweight forum =)

AWyldfire
on 3/9/12 3:12 pm - OH
Hi All,

Was just told about this forum from the reg. RNY forum  YAY !!! I am 10 months out today and down 90 pounds =) My question is that I have only lost 11 pounds in the past 3 months !!! Is anyone else losing this slowly? I have been stalled for 2 months now and really frustrated !! I  WANT to lose 15 more for MY peace of mind.  Any suggestions on breaking a stall and what are your daily calorie and carb intakes?!
Thanks for any input that you might have, I just keep getting told I am a lightweight and this is how it is !!! Really?!  lol  Don't get me wrong I am SO SO blessed from having my WLS. My lify is so much better and healthier and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and I thank God every day for the courage to go thru with my surgery.  I just feel kinda lost in my journey right now. My therapist told me to reach out to fellow WLS's so here I am  lol.  I had a friend who has WLS 2 and a half years ago and she promised to be here for me and help me, but unfortunately she couldn't return the support when I had MY surgery as I had given to her. Actually, I am trying to do everything different than what she has done. She does not follow any Vitamin routines or put protein first or exercise. She eats JUNK and though she has lost 160 pounds I fear these will come back with a vengence on her, so to make a long story short....I am just seeking a little support and advice from my fellow lightweights.  Thanks for listening and God Bless you always !!
~~ANGI~~

PS  I DO take my Vites faithfully every day, I get 90-110grams protein in daily, I get all my water in and I moderately exercise daily  =)

MajorMom
on 3/9/12 5:49 pm - VA
Welcome aboard!

It sounds like you're doing the right things. You can read through Roz's daily Menus & Miles threads to see how many of us eat. Many of us continue to do protein shakes rather than stuff our sleeves and pouches with dense protein. Protein shakes seem to help some of us control the carb cravings. I kept my carbs to a minimum (less than 50g a day) while I was losing and I try to watch them now in maintenance. Don't get too frustrated yet--try to shake up your diet a couple days with something carby and then go right back to low carb, high protein. If you aren't using protein shakes, you might want to start searching for 1 or 2 you like. Vitalady.com has a lot of sample protein shakes you can try and she carries our vitamins.

How are your labs? Maybe they don't have you on enough vitamins. What's your vitamin regimen?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

AWyldfire
on 3/10/12 1:17 pm - OH
Thanks   I do 2 protein shakes daily (68grams) along with protein bars =) On 12/10 my labs were "Exceptional" (my Dr's words lol), all my letter vites were high and the rest above normal my A1C was 11.4 before surgery and 4.8 @ 6 months out !!! YAY !!! My carb intake is more than 50, about 70 so I will cut back on them. My NUT told me not to count them jus****ch calories and protein but I figured that sounded kinda crazeeeeeee !!! I will def check out Roz's menus & miles. Thanks so much for your help !!! Wish I would have known about this forum 10 months ago  =)
~~~Angi~~~

Price S.
on 3/9/12 8:13 pm - Mills River, NC
Welcome to the LWs.  I did slow down a bunch in the end but never did stall.  About 5 months when my loss really went to a crawl, I switched to low carb, eating the same # of calories but limiting the carbs to around 30, no white nothing.  That got the scale moving again.  I still basically eat that way but do have a little more whole grains and an occasional fruit or greek yogurt.  I get 130-160 g of protein, have 3 shakes a day and still eat basically protein. 

Check out Miles and menus.  It is a good way to post and see what you might do differently to get your losses going again, although towards the end, it will slow down no matter what.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

AWyldfire
on 3/10/12 1:21 pm - OH
Thanks   That is some good info that I couldn't get other wise !! I will redo my daily intakes and cut back on carbs ALOT !!!  
~~Angi~~

Jody ***
on 3/9/12 8:13 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Welcome!  Glad you found us!

The last 10 or so are the HARDEST!  what's y our BMI now?  I know I lost only a couple of pounds per month after losing about 80 lbs then STOPPED, then 3 months later lost some more.  Hang in there and keep doing the right things. 

Good advice from Gina - look at Roz' Menus and Miles. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

AWyldfire
on 3/10/12 1:31 pm - OH
Thanks !! I finally feel like i belong   My BMI is 23.5 (WOW)  Haven't checked it in a while lol.  Thanks for the encouragement !!!  I will def change things up and see what happens !!!  You all RoCk !!!
Thanks again,
~~~Angi~~~

italianspice
on 3/9/12 9:04 pm - Eastlake, OH
Congrats on your success!
Things do slow as you get close to your goal. So hang in there and keep up the good work!
Glad you found us too!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

lerkhart
on 3/10/12 10:16 am
Welcome to the LW Boards.
It does slow down when you get closer to goal.  Watch your carbs if you are eating them.  You might want to change things up for a couple of days.  Add another protein drink or something and then drop back down.  Sometimes you just need to change things up to shock your body.
Could you increase your exercise?  What do you do for the moderate exercise?
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mandy R.
on 3/11/12 11:59 am - Callahan, FL
Congrats and welcome, all of the advice the ladies gave is awesome, I love this board !
Mandy

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views