Need new protein drink suggestions?.. Syntax tea?

Lynn5707
on 4/8/12 3:46 am - IN
Hi,

My Isopure RTD has gotten too expensive more than $5 bottle. Granted, I get 40 gms protein, no carbs, from it, but looking for less expensive ways to get protein.

Right now, I am finishing up some different flavors of Jay Robb protein powder, and purchased some vanilla EAS at grocery so I would have something on hand.

I have read on here some of you drink the Syntax tea. Is it decaf? Where is the best place to purchase. I would like some non-milk type drinks too. Although I may have to get the double stuffed drink (cannot remember its name) to try it out too. I usually drink decaf tea and /or lemonade (crystal light) for my liquids. So it would be great to have something like that to replace my grape Isopure.

Thanks for all the help and any ideas are appreciated?

Price S.
on 4/8/12 6:32 am - Mills River, NC
There are a bunch of us that live by lemon tea.  I mix mine with a tube of crystal light, usually peach tea or something like that and at least 36 oz of water.  I mix fuzzy navel the same way.  I've never been a strawberry fan and haven't tried some of the other Nectar flavors but I do like having a non-milk something for mid day.  If you like lemonade, you might like the roadside lemonaid.  I didn't but I don't like lemonaid to start with.  I would suggest getting some samples, either from Vitalady or Nectar directly and seeing which ones you like.

I've been ordering from Lucky Vitamin because they have free shipping after $50 and I always order at least that and their prices are good.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 4/8/12 6:56 am
I love the Lemon Tea Protein.  I have no idea if it is decaf or not.  Tea usually doesn't have enough caffeine to matter.

I use a large blender bottle.  I put in a bottle of water 16 or 20 ozs., a stick of crystal lite lemon tea and a scoop of the lemon tea protein.  Shake really good.  Let it sit for a while until some of the foam dies down.  Add crushed ice - it is wonderful.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Lynn5707
on 4/8/12 9:36 am - IN
Thanks ladies!

I think I will order some samples to see what I like best.

Thanks!

Jody ***
on 4/8/12 9:53 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
If you like *sweet* tea - the lemon tea is for you.  I'm from the north and it was a nasty surprise to me!  I like my tea naked....

You might want to try some of the other Nectar flavors.  I like the grapefruit and fuzzy navel (think it tastes real close to orange juice).

Do you drink coffee?  If so you might want to try adding scoops of chocolate (or other flavors) to your *cooled* coffee.  There's a science to that..

Good luck!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Lynn5707
on 4/8/12 11:16 am - IN
Thanks!

I have tried the protein coffee, it did mix well, but I prefer my coffee with milk and hot, so it wasn't my favorite. Maybe I'll try it again sometime though.

I love sweet tea with lemon. I am originally from Louisville and my Mother's side of family always had tea. It was a big treat for me as a kid!

Lynn

Price S.
on 4/8/12 9:23 pm - Mills River, NC
i've always been a coffee with sweetner and milk person and adapted well to protein coffee, well, actually decaf.  I use either vanilla, chocolate or mint cookie protein, mixed with a little water into a slurry, then I use that instead of my milk in the coffee.  I drink my decaf right after it has brewed or come out of the mircowave and it is pretty hot.  I have never had it curdle this way.  I have it you nuke it in the coffee.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mama477
on 4/9/12 1:01 am
I love nectar's roadside lemonade and cherry. I add a sprinkle of cherry limeade to both. It is really good.

How did you like the Jay Robb??? Love the orange dream sickle / tropical flavor but only mixed it with milk.

Good luck.

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Lynn5707
on 4/9/12 3:55 am - IN
I had that this morning for my smoothie. I put milk and yogurt and it tastes like an Orange Julius! I had almost 50 gm of protein!!!

MacMadame
on 4/9/12 7:52 am - Northern, CA
I love, love, love the Syntrax Maxtrix Mint Cookie protein powder. It really does taste like a milk shake and not like a protein shake at all.

I have never loved a protein powder this much.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views