tuna/ chicken ideas

tkgarner99
on 6/22/12 10:46 pm - VA
Can anyone Pps give me no/ low garb ideas for tuna and canned chicken.... thank you
This is me 4-27-07, just 3 days before my surgery. 201 lbs    
MajorMom
on 6/22/12 11:03 pm - VA
As hot as it is, I'd go for tuna and chicken salad. If you're trying to stay low fat, there should be some reduced fat mayo options out there. Celery bothered me early post-op but you might use SF sweet relish or dill relish instead.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 6/23/12 2:25 am
I make tuna and chicken salad with both.  I use lite mayo and sweet relish if I want the pickle taste.  I also add a boiled egg.

There is a recipe you can make with chicken, cream cheese and salsa and it is really good.  You shred the chicken, add the salsa and cream cheese heat until melted.  I divide it into baggies and freeze then you just pull it out and reheat it as you want it.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 6/23/12 2:49 am - Mills River, NC
You can make chicken or tuna patties, like salmon patties, with either one.  I'd put onion, celery and maybe some dill relish and an egg in, make it into patties and bake or pan fry with spray. 

I make a quicky soup with the canned chicken.  I use Unjury chicken soup, chicken and cabbage or broccali, whatever low carb veggie (you can even use shredded cole slaw mix). 

That chicken, cream cheese and salsa sounds wonderful.  I need to try that.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ruxanby
on 6/23/12 10:53 am
I use greek yougart in place of mayo and add the relish to make it sweeter with onion and galic powder. 
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

ck022492
on 6/26/12 3:44 pm
 I like to take chicken and mix with the healthy Campbell's cream of chicken and cream of celery with a spoonfuls of Rotel tomato... Makes like a chicken spaghetti or king ranch chicken with out the noodles or tortillas.... I put in small baking dish cover with lowest grated cheese and back t it's warm... I'll add fresh mushrooms and broccoli to get in extra veggies... I normal portion it out and freeze so I have meals to grab..

Also in a skillet, chicken, 2 tablespoons of flour and seasons to make a thickening with EVOO, fresh bell pepper, onion, can of diced tomatoes and let simmer..

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views