I have a date

Linda B.
on 8/3/12 4:36 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I am sitting at Starbucks typing this over an iced decaf americano and I'm still pinching myself, I finally have a dateThe next chapter of my journey will begin on Thursday September 13. It is just beginning to sink in, I will get to join the losers bench. The only bummer is that I probabaly won't be up to the SoCal Catalina trip on the 22nd. And right now, another surprise, it doesn't even matter to me right now that I went for a promotion at work and just got the news that they are transfering someone else instead of adding someone. At this point, my health, and the improvement of it is much more of a priority to me. Yes, I'm a little nervous , but I know that is to be expected.
fitby40something
on 8/3/12 4:51 am - Southeast, MO
 Congrats on getting your date.  It will be here before you know it.  You are in for such an amazing ride.  Embrace it.  It is life changing!!  :))

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

Linda B.
on 8/3/12 2:38 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks so much, I know that it will be quite an adjustment, but this forum sure is helpful.
lerkhart
on 8/3/12 4:53 am
Congratulations on getting your date!!  Get ready for an exciting journey.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Linda B.
on 8/3/12 2:38 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks Linda, this group is so supportive.
singdoremi
on 8/3/12 4:59 am - NJ
I am so excited for you! What a great attitude about the job! Put your health first and everything else has to fall in to place. I don't have a date yet, but I am thinking(hoping)it will be in November.
Good luck!
Linda B.
on 8/3/12 2:42 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
The job thing is a little hard, I need to get a teaching position so I can clear my credential, but I still have some time. But I'm thinking that nothing is going to happen this school year. But, at least next year I won't be looked at as the heavy old lady, just the old lady.
Huneypie
on 8/3/12 5:11 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congrats.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Linda B.
on 8/3/12 2:42 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks
Koko10
on 8/3/12 5:38 am - NC
Congratulations. A promotion might not have been the best for you right now anyway. It's time to concentrate on yourself and it's hard when you are trying to learn a new job as well. Good luck.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views