Is it Broke?

Susiekay
on 12/28/12 12:17 pm
RNY on 04/24/12

Here lately I feel like I'm out of control.  I've let carbs back into my life.....and I'm eating out way too much.  I have not gained any weight but I've not lost any eithe in 5 weeks.  I've got to get this eating back under control.  I'm only 8 months out and I feel like I'm eating way too much.....Please give me our advise.

Today:

protein latte 30 grams protein  12 oz

B-greek yogurt  18 grams protein

L-3/4 bowl tomatoe soup and turkey sandwich on whole wheat toast

16 oz unsweet tea

S-Protein latte 30 grams protein  12 oz

D-approx 6 oz prime rib (cut off fat) a few veggies

bloody mary while we waited on dinner

1 bottle water  17 oz

I am struggling with my liquids....I get busy at work and forget to drink and then its time to eat and I'm hungry and on and on.....

Ladytazz
on 12/28/12 2:11 pm

Your tool isn't broke, you just aren't using it to your best advantage.  The protein is good, as is the Greek yogurt (as long as it is plain and you flavor it yourself.  The flavored kind has way too much sugar).  Kill the tomato soup (too much sugar) and the sandwich, keep the turkey.  The prime rib is fine, as are the veggies.  The bloody mary, probably not helping you towards your weight loss goal.  Save those things for when you are ready to maintain.  Keep a bottle of water near you always.  I keep a case of bottled water in my car so it's always handy.  Not getting in enough fluids will cause you to feel hungry.  What I do is drink at least 2 bottles of water (or other fluids) between eating so in the morning I drink before breakfast, then two more bottles before lunch, another two bottles before my snack, two more bottles before dinner and after dinner I try to cut back so I'm not up all night, maybe some herbal tea before bed.

Getting the carbs under control will help you feel more in control of your eating and most likely kick start the weight loss again.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/12 3:45 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

I will second LadyTazz. I've started to allow too many carbs back now that my pouch is allowing greater amounts of food than in the beginning. WATER - WATER - WATER !  Tonight I made my water drink just right and sipped on it all evening and haven't snacked at all after dinner. I was starting to graze mostly because I was trying to add fiber into my day and then the carb cravings started. Water is really helping because it does seem to detract the brain from thinking it is needing food.

Price S.
on 12/28/12 9:41 pm, edited 12/28/12 9:42 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome.  You found the right place for positive help.

I agree with the fluids.  Lots of time, I think I am hungry and I am thirsty.  If you feel you need fiber, try benefiber or miralax.  You need to be sure you get your fluids in but those will help move things along without the calories or carbs.

I slowed way down when I got to about 5-6 months.  I also found that I lost eating the same number of calories if I stayed around 30 net carbs and 100+ grams of protein. 

Join us on Miles and Menus each day and get some help with what you are consuming. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Susiekay
on 12/29/12 1:24 am
RNY on 04/24/12

Thank you so much for the replies.....It sounds like, and I agree that I'm not getting enough water.  I will focus on my liquids beginning RIGHT NOW!!!!   Thanks again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 306 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 495 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 514 views