OT optician sent me to the ER

Huneypie
on 7/12/13 3:27 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
After having a sore eye for a couple of days I got to see the optician who told that I should have gone to the ER immediately. Swing some critters or send up some prayers for me please. TIA.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

UBi FIT
on 7/12/13 4:52 am
VSG on 08/06/12

Swinging critters and sending prayers.

Dr. Goal 137-140 my goal 130. Fantasy goal 125

Huneypie
on 7/12/13 5:49 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thank you.  Turns out I have keratitis which can be serious.  I've been given some drops to apply every 2 hours and I go back to the hospital on Monday to see if they're starting to work.  If not they'll prescribe something else.  No contact lenses for at least 4 weeks.

I think it was caught early so I'm optimistic, but they said I really should have gone to the ER a day or 2 earlier although this really didn't feel like the kind of thing to go to the ER about if you KWIM.  Oh well you live and learn ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Roz !!!!
on 7/12/13 6:04 am - Butler, PA

I've never heard of that.  Hopefully the drops will start working really fast!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Huneypie
on 7/12/13 6:34 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks.  I vaguely knew the name, but now I get to know some more first hand!!  I suspect I got it coz I'm a lens wearer.  If a non lens wearer gets anything bad in their eye they can generally blink or weep it out - on a lens it'll just fester.  It's my first serious issue in 20 years of wearing lenses.  At least it's not hurting too much at the mo.

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 7/12/13 6:31 am - Mills River, NC

Hope you are better soon!!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Huneypie
on 7/12/13 6:35 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks Price - I'm hoping for good news on Monday when I see the doc.

I  my DS  

Vivian Prouty
on 7/12/13 7:53 am - Fort Worth, TX

Praying for you Huneypie that nothing serious is wrong with your eye.    Please keep us updated on you.   Try to have a good weekend.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Huneypie
on 7/12/13 8:26 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm sure the weekend will be great.  Just gotta keep taking those drops which I'm about to do now.

Have an awesome weekend yourself! :-)

I  my DS  

southernlady5464
on 7/12/13 8:29 am

Get better quickly! Swinging critters!

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views