Need ideas on how jazz up Greek yogurt

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 3:28 am, edited 10/17/13 3:29 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I need some ideas on how to make Greek yogurt more exciting as I find the probiotics in it really seems to help my digestive system.  I just need ways to make it more interesting, as having it nearly every day soon gets old.

TIA kiss

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Candy V.
on 10/17/13 4:25 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have not tried this yet, but I read adding onion soup mix to plain makes a good veggie dip.

I am boring and use Dannon light and fit greek

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:28 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Savory - interesting idea.  Thanks ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MacMadame
on 10/17/13 5:04 am - Northern, CA

I put fruit into it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:29 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yes, maybe I'll have to re-visit adding fruit.  Thank you.

I  my DS  

Ashley in Belgium
on 10/17/13 5:20 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

The world according to Eggface has some good  - she is a dip fanatic.  I am too really - comes from my Lap Band days.  I like more savory than sweet - so I mix a in a spoonful of Lipion onion soup mix and spread it on deli meat or dip veggies.  I mix in pesto too when I crave that Italian thing.  A squeeze of lemon mixed in and it is a great compliment to smoked salmon. I mix in chives and garlic powder and salt and pepper for another spread.  I've even mixed in a tsp of tikka paste or other curry paste which is strong but tastey.  Of course adding frozen blueberries make it feel like a dessert.  Sometimes for the kids I add slivered almonds and dried cranberries.  I think it is a wonder food!  I just put a big spoonful of the yogurt in a bowl and mix in whatever I have to hand = if I don't like it then big deal.  I dump it and try again.

Hope something sounds good!  Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:30 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Those are some good ideas - I'll have give some of them a try soon.  Thank you.

I  my DS  

Jody ***
on 10/17/13 5:33 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I used to make cheesecake with my greek yogurt.

I used the 0% greek yogurt, buy some NSA or FF cheesecake pudding mix.  Mix it in, buy some NSA cherry pie filling, put on top - and nom nom - it tastes just like cheesecake!!  I've even bought the graham cracker crumbs and mixed some of those in before.  I don't really eat it anymore because dairy seems to make me blow up. 

I also use SF jelly/jam when I'm lazy.

I also like to mix my Nectar protein (fruit flavored, i.e., grapefruit or fuzzy navel) in it.  It mixes and makes it extremely smooth and tastes awesome. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Cheesecake mix sounds yum.  I don't think it's so widely available across the pond, but I'm going to see if I can get hold of some.  Thank you.

I  my DS  

Roz !!!!
on 10/17/13 5:35 am - Butler, PA

I use ranch powdered vegetable dip in my FAGE yogurt for dipping my carrots.

I used to add NSA cherry pie filling and SF cheesecake pudding powder but now I buy the Dannon's Lit n fit Greek yogurt .  Only 80 calories and they are delish!  Cherry and Pineapple are my favorite.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 307 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 496 views
Still kickin'...