x-post, 2 year anniversary

Linda B.
on 9/13/14 3:49 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, two years ago today, I took my seat on the loser's bench. It has been an amazing ride so far. I could write pages and pages describing NSV's and SV's. For those of you out there who are still waiting for your turn, here are some of my favorite highlights: 

I will never forget the day my underwear fell down inside my pants. I had been buying smaller pants at thrift stores, but it took me a while before I was willing to spend money on underwear. That changed with this incident.

Speaking of pants, I was walking a 5k while DH (Mike B) was running a 10k. I had to keep puling up my exercise capris because they were falling down.

I started ice skating again when I was two months out. I now compete in a recreational league where competitors are placed against their ability level and age group. These skaters range in age from 2-89. Being able to skate again has been amazing, the medals and trophies, they are a bonus.

One of my all time favorite NSV's was the day I tried my wedding ring on (I hadn't been able to wear it in years) and it fit. I stared at it and cried. Now, it is to big, need to get it sized.

Some of the other great moments, SoCal meet ups, OH conferences, reading the boards even if I am busy and don't get a chance to respond, having people not recognize me, and many, many more.

For those of you who have gone before me, thank you for your help, great advise, and your friendship. I know I wouldn't be reflecting on the many successes if it weren't for this amazing group of people.  

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MajorMom
on 9/13/14 7:11 pm - VA

Happy surgiversary, Linda!  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

southernlady5464
on 9/13/14 10:37 pm

Happy surgiversary (a day late), Linda

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Roz !!!!
on 9/13/14 10:54 pm - Butler, PA

Happy Surgiversary!!!!!   It has been fun watching your Amazing journey!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 9/15/14 2:45 am

Congratulations on your success Linda.  I have enjoyed watching your journey and hearing about your skating!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views