Stretching the pouch

Abby M.
on 12/26/14 3:59 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Hello! Hope everyone is having some relaxing time at home. 

I'm in my 3rd week post op which is puréed foods but I tried some scrambled eggs and chewed well and I was ok. Then (at another time) I had some beans and chewed really well and was ok. 

I am paranoid that my pouch isn't small enough or something. I feel good and so I'm just worried. Crazy I know. 

I have felt the discomfort if I drink too big of a sip so maybe I'm not really doing anything wrong.

Did anyone feel paranoid like this when progressing through the food stages? 

Price S.
on 12/27/14 7:01 am - Mills River, NC

We were on a pretty strict phase program with NO more than 1/4c protein, then whatever we could add of 1/4c cooked veggies at your point.  I know I couldnt' eat a whole egg for a while.  I think as long as you are measuring everything, not drinking with meals, and eating the things on your list, you are fine.  My group wanted a cup measure, not weight at this point.  They said you tummy had a volume, not a scale so that makes sense.  I bet you haven't eaten over 1/2c.  Hang in there.  You will keep progressing and things do get easier. 

By the way, a lot of folks have problems with eggs but not eggbeaters.  You may be fine, I was.  But if you start having issues, you may want to try eggbeaters.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Abby M.
on 12/27/14 7:29 am
RNY on 12/08/14

There were a few things I didn't measure but I didn't eat to discomfort so you're right, it wasn't much off the mark. 

Thanks! I've been hoping I can stick to eggs but I suppose that could change. 

Jody ***
on 12/28/14 2:38 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I tolerated eggs well early out.  Just chew chew chew and eat very slowly.  Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that felt restriction from day 1. 

Just pay attention to how your pouch is feeling and be sure to not overeat.  Felling ok is a good thing! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views