Worried About Weight Loss

suaz
on 1/5/15 7:41 pm
VSG on 10/25/14 with

im a lightweight. I'm 10 weeks post op and have lost 22 lb. I'm really slowing down. I'm following all the rules. I'm afraid my weight loss will stop!  

Vivian Prouty
on 1/5/15 8:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hang in there suaz.   The closer you get to your goal weight the weight loss will slow way down.   If you're doing everything that your suppose to do then don't worry about it.    Stay away from carbs...and things that you shouldn't be eating.   Make sure your getting in all your fluids, protein, make sure you are getting in enough calories and exercising 3-5 times ( if not more ) a week.     The weight will come off...maybe just not as quickly as you want.    Congrats on your 22 lb. loss !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

suaz
on 1/5/15 8:40 pm
VSG on 10/25/14 with

Thanks, Vivian!  I've lost about 48% of my excess weight. How much does it slow down per week or month do you think?

Price S.
on 1/5/15 8:55 pm - Mills River, NC

We do slow down, all of us.  We really can't expect to lose the # of pounds as our heavier friends.  This site had a estimator of weight loss when I was losing (haven't been there in years but assume it is still there)  It always said I was ahead of predicted loss, even when I slowed down.  If you kept losing like you did the first few months, you would be at goal in 6 months and that isn't good either.  So take a deep breath, follow you program, get you protein and fluid in, exercise and hang in there.  This isn't a race.  It is the rest of you life.  Most lightweights get to goal in a year, some a year and a half.  But in the end, more of us get to goal than our heavier friends do.  And really, this is the easy part.  Then you have to keep it off.  So hang around and get support when you need to.  Post on Miles and Menus and keep track. 

I did find when I started slowing to about a pound a week at 5 months, I could eat the same number of calories but low carb and keep losing.  Carbs are still my enemy. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 1/6/15 1:12 am

I agree with Vivian and Price.  LW's normally have less to lose so it is at a different rate.  You will slow down the closer you get to your goal.  Just stay on track and it will come off!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 1/6/15 4:38 am - Butler, PA

It's not likely that your weight loss has stopped.  We all slow down and even have stalls.  Increase "Good" Protein for 3 days and the drop down to your regular menus.  That might kick start you gain.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...