Lack of appetite

Abby M.
on 1/17/15 3:47 am
RNY on 12/08/14

I am bummed out about food. I don't want anything but some stuff smells good-but that's it. Like the Chinese food my husband had. I'm afraid of feeling gross after eating. I also have the flu so it's even tough to get in my protein (was tough before the flu). 

I don't know if anyone can help me but I just wanted to tell people that can maybe empathize. 

Elainesun
on 1/17/15 4:44 am

Funny.  Chinese food is one of the few things that don't irritate my stomach.   Especially a bowl of wonton soup.   Even Mongolian beef is non-irritating.   I guess because it is a soft moist meat.  Eating out at any other type of restaurant is very challenging and depressing for me.  I would rather stay home and have either cottage cheese or some soup.

Abby M.
on 1/17/15 5:00 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Really? I didn't try it. He had sweet and sour chicken so that's a no no 

I gotta think of something that doesn't make me gag. 

Jody ***
on 1/19/15 12:16 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

One of my first "meals" after surgery was egg drop soup.  Oh it was SOOO good - but, I paid for it in the bathroom (yes I think it was only 2 days after).  I didn't eat the egg, just the broth. 

I wasn't hungry for a LONG time.  I had to force myself to eat and could easily have forgotten.  I wish I had that back... ;)

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 1/17/15 6:53 am - Mills River, NC

You are just a little over a month out.  I didn't care if I ate for at least a couple of months.  I ate on schedule because I knew I had to get my protein in.  Food smelled good, I just didn't care if I ate or not and was never hungry.  I was ready for each new phase but only because I was bored with the phase I was in.  I have NEVER not cared about food before and I relished every moment of it.  Believe me, it doesn't last forever, LOL.  Having the flu would definitely screw with your appitite too. 

I don't know if that helps but at least you aren't the only one that isn't hungry.  What are you eating?  Maybe we can help with protein options?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Abby M.
on 1/17/15 7:19 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Yeah I need to cut myself some slack being so early in. I think I might need to discuss the nausea with my doc though. I've had the "if I eat this I think I'm going to vomit" thing for at least a few weeks. I'm just tired of shakes and soups and everything. Food does smell good - then if I think about the food I want to vomit. 

I have a decent variety of protein flavors. Razzberry from Inspire, Melon from Inspire, chocolate, espresso and chai from Big Train, vanilla from GNC, and a few premier drinks. Premier makes me gag - I overdosed on it for sure. 

Price S.
on 1/17/15 8:05 am - Mills River, NC

yes, we were told that nausea was not normal and if you were, they had good meds for it.  Maybe some unflavored protein that you could mix in real food would help. 

I couldn't then, still can't do any ready to drink.  Powders work better for me, Syntrax is my go to.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Abby M.
on 1/17/15 8:10 am
RNY on 12/08/14

Yeah I was noticing that people have been talking about Syntrax. I think I'll check it out. 

Abby M.
on 1/19/15 1:34 am
RNY on 12/08/14

I got a sample pack of Syntrax. I tried the fuzzy navel one. Pretty good!

Jody ***
on 1/19/15 12:19 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

My doctor had me on Prevasec from the first day and said I would probably be on it for life.  I'm not anymore, but do have days of "irritation".  Early out if I missed it I would feel bad...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 489 views