It had been awhile!

Angie2015
on 7/16/15 8:54 pm

Hey lightweights! Just wanted to come check out the board! I'm five months and 7days out! I'm very happy to report how well it is going! I went from 219 and am 145lbs....and counting! 

I'm so happy and have energy to enjoy each day with my kids! It's incredible and I hope I have long term success! 

Any tips or tricks for me to keep losing and keeping it off?! 

MajorMom
on 7/17/15 2:44 am - VA

Welcome back!  

Long term--low carb and portion control.  It's tough out here after a few years, so be ready.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 7/17/15 4:39 am - Mills River, NC

Enjoy this part, losing is easy, maintaining is difficult, LOL.

Actually, you are about at the point I started slowing down.  I found I could eat the same number of calories and stay low carb and lose, with carb, stayed the same.  So I have basically low carbed it for several years now.

While you are losing, it is so important to develop and continue healthy eating habits and a positive relationship with food.  That is what will get you through the "keeping it off" part.

Anyone can out eat any surgery.  Our calorie needs once we get smaller are tiny compared to what we used to eat.  No one is perfect all the time but clean eating, no white sugar, flour, junk food will help you keep those pounds off. 

And daily support and accountability.  That is why you see us old timers, Gina, Roz, Jodi, Linda and I on here all the time.  And one reason we have been successful.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 7/17/15 11:06 am

Congratulations on your success so far.

Maintenance is tough.  Stay connected to some type of support.  I do worse when I lose touch with this board which is my support.

I agree with everything Gina and Price said.

Low carb - no sugar - If you haven't "tried" things like sugar and other things - don't.  No need to get that bad habit started back!

Good luck.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 7/21/15 5:58 am, edited 7/21/15 5:59 am - Butler, PA

REPEAT!!!  I'm with Linda...don't even try sweets, chips, sodas, etc.!!!!  It's the only way to keep it off.  When my scales are on my "Perfect" weight it's because those things aren't tempting me.  It only takes a couple of tempting days to add on a pound or two.

My weight range is 118-120...119 is my "Perfect" weight.  Every once in awhile I go up a couple of pounds over my range.  It's  because I had a junk food, extra carbs or sometimes because I haven't eaten enough. BUT I never let it get to 123!!!  When I see 122 I increase my drinks and watch my carbs like crazy. 

I'm the only one who can control my weight!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...