Continuity

singdoremi
on 7/25/15 6:34 am - NJ

is there anyone out there in WLS land (2+ years) who is having difficulty? I seem to be in a pattern of several healthy protein, exercise, and low carb days and then I have an absolutely downright horrible day which leaves me feeling terribly unhappy, uncomfortable, and "fat". Now I know that a size 8 is not "fat" when you were previously a 20, but I can't take off the 5 pounds of regain and there is still the matter of the last 10 I didn't lose. Words of wisdom and encouragement requested please!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Price S.
on 7/25/15 9:04 am - Mills River, NC

I don't have the answer, just support because I know exactly how you feel.  My good days certainly out number my bad but I still occasionally eat that biscuit, cookie, chocolate, yep, bad stuff, bad carbs.  I start down, then throw it away and go right back.  I want to be 127 or so, I am bouncing around 134.  How hard could it be to lose 5 lbs I keep thinking??? Really hard is the answer.  I read something the other day that said it isn't 3500 calories in a pound, but more like 7000. 

My only "answer" is to stick around and be accountable.  I may be more than I want to be, but I would be even heavier if I wasn't on here basically every day.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

singdoremi
on 7/25/15 10:01 am - NJ

Thanks Price!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

JB1114
on 7/25/15 11:55 am - Grain Valley, MO

Wish I had an answer.  I'm 7 years out and my weight is on my mind every single day.  I tell myself it's low carb and I'm going to stick with it and then after a few days I think I have to have something carby.  DH has been in the hospital the last few days and I have done much better.  I tend to fix foods DH and DS like and eat what I can from those choices.  I need to fix things for me.  They may not care for them, but I do.  

I have some bariatric recipes I'm going to try.  

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

lerkhart
on 7/26/15 10:33 am

It is an every day struggle for me also.   Just hang in there and stay with the support that you have.  I tend to do better when I come on here and post my food everyday.

Good luck!

Linda 

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Karamay
on 7/27/15 9:54 am - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

UGH!  I have been in this SAME EXACT PATTERN for almost a year now...since I hit goal in August last year.  I am great Mon-Sat....but then Sunday comes & the 'wheels fall off'.  The good thing is I try to make it as far on Sunday as possible before I fall into this trap.  It is almost like it is impossible to stop the cravings!!!  I. MUST. EAT. CARBS!!!  I am very low carb most days about 30g.  Like you I also get miserable & bloated and feel 'fat' in my size 4's....so you think this 'pain' would stop me next time....but it doesn't!!! 

I am under my original goal at 128 lbs (130 lbs was my goal)...but when I reached that goal last year....I decided now to try for 120 lbs...funny how we are never really satisfied!  Anyhoo, I have been between 125-130 lbs...& cannot seem to break the 125's.  I know if I could just control myself for a month or two without the weekend mishaps...I could probably get there!

Well...on a positive note....you are not alone....there are others out there in the same boat as you.  Also, I am proud of the fact that I can control it to at least one day....actually about 1/4 of a day....AND....I ALWAYS get back on-board the very next morning (Monday).  Sounds like you 'get back on the horse' too!

I was self-talking to myself this morning (really I am normal....) & have decided to make it through the ENTIRE month of August without a weekend mishap.  I am going to use the mantra....IT IS ONLY 31 DAYS!!  If you want to join me...you are more than welcome, just PM me & we can be each others support.

Just hang in there...you have done GREAT either way....

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

Candy V.
on 7/28/15 9:23 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I had a slightly different problem after I started maintenance. I never went super low carb, so I was having 4-5 small meals a day totaling 1500 ish calories.

Then I started treating myself to mini candy bars and an occasional glass of wine. My "treats" soon became daily and I gained a few pounds over the winter. I realized what was causing it and made myself an internal bargain to go back to one or 2 treats a week not per day!  Now I have been maintaining lower than ever since spring. 

Long story to say that I had to be ready to not only recognize the slip but implement changes that i can sustain long term. Maybe aim for 1 or 2 days a month that carbs are higher but not crazy high. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Roz !!!!
on 7/28/15 12:08 pm - Butler, PA

Great to see you posting Candy!!  Sounds like you are doing great!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 7/29/15 9:08 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Candy!!Coming up to your neck of the woods this weekend on an "all ladies motorcycle trip" - should be a lot of fun!!  Will be staying over on Lk Leelanau and riding the Old Mission and Leelanau peninsulas, sleeping bear sand dunes, etc.  Looks like the weather will also be good - looking forward to it!  I miss it up there... :( only in the summer of course ;)

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

italianspice
on 8/2/15 4:50 am - Eastlake, OH

I feel you Ellen, 

Maintenance has been difficult for me too. For myself, its journaling and cutting out the simple carbs. Even now with the summer fruits in season, I want fruit and not protein! When will I learn, its been 5 years for goodness sake!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views