Tomorrow is the day!

jamiekelly1999
on 5/5/16 2:21 pm
VSG on 05/06/16

Hello all, I'm a newbie to this site. Tomorrow is the big day for me, I'm nervous/scared and excited! Any tips or suggestions for recovery would be appreciated if you have any! I can't believe it's tomorrow!!! 

MajorMom
on 5/5/16 3:52 pm - VA

Congratulations!!!  

Best thing right out of the gate is to stay hydrated. Lots and lots of small sips.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 5/5/16 4:03 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome to the LWboard.   Tips for recovery are simple  Walk, Rest, Sip, Repeat.  Follow your Dr's advice.  You will feel like you have been run over by a truck for a couple of days.  Take a pillow to hold against your tummy if you have a bumpy trip home.  I slept best in the recliner for a couple of days.  When I went to the bed, I used extra pillows to support me.  Warm liquid felt better than cold in the beginning.  Everything will taste off.  I am not usually a water drinker but plain room temp water was the best thing in the world.  Worry about your liquids and protein in the beginning.  Everything else can wait.  If you haven't, order Syntrax and Unjury samples from their websites.  It will give you a chance to try stuff without buying a whole tub.

Here's to a text book surgery and a boring recovery. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Tizzles
on 5/7/16 3:30 am

How did your surgery go? Wishing you a very boring and speedy recovery!

jamiekelly1999
on 5/9/16 5:58 am
VSG on 05/06/16

Hi, my surgery went great! I'm very sore, but I'm able to get around good! The gas is what's killing me, it's awful! I'm also having trouble getting in all the liquids but it's getting better by day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 429 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 492 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views