Another pound another day

HippieDreads
on 12/1/16 2:44 am

My weight loss is slowing some but I'm not complaining. I'm still losing 1-3 lbs a week. I'm so proud of myself. I'm glad to be back here. I wish when I had the surgery I had more help because I wasn't given a clear diet schedule when I had the surgery 4 years ago and I kinda just did what i always did. I ate more protein but never cut the carbs. Now 4 years later I'm doing it right. I'm so proud of myself. I feel completely committed and able to do this. I've been at it for maybe three weeks and have lost 12 pounds exactly. How awesome is that? I am so thankful for my sleeve and the fact that I still have restriction. At least I didn't stretch it out and I'm not going it alone. I have my sleeve to help me. I can currently take between 1/4 and 3/4 cup of food at a time depending on what it is. Now that I'm doing it right it's very easy to stay under 1200 calories. I'm averaging about 800 a day. I'm getting my protein my carbs are below where they need to be and everything is going well. Thanks everyone. 85 pounds to go!!!!

LinR
on 12/1/16 2:52 am

Carbs are tough on us and it's easy to forget that. Sounds like you have a handle on this.  1-3 lbs a week is good. It all adds up.

HippieDreads
on 12/2/16 2:56 am

Thanks, It's hard to keep it in mind that 1-3 lbs a week is good when I don't lose on a particular day. Like today. I know I can do this I just have to stick to it and not give in. I'm not having any cravings so it hasn't been real hard but yesterday I was SO hungry all day. I should have just made some shakes throughout the day to stop the hunger but I wasn't home and that wasn't an option. Today I have a plan to beat the hunger. I'm eating lunch and dinner and doing a shake with all three meals. IF I get hungry still I will munch on cheese sticks. I had ore carbs then planned yesterday and I will be two over today but that's because I'm eating butternut squash. Lots of carbs in that. But I suppose it's good carbs. I love my squashes. They are so good. I will be at 52 carbs today but I will also be at 109 grams of protein. SO I would say that's not too shabby. I'm down to 210 and it feels good but I can't wait till I'm below 200. That will be a day to celebrate. The lowest I've been since I had my surgery was 177. I'm anxious to get to that weight. That will be awesome when I meet a new low. Any way I hope you all are having a wonderful day. :D

Price S.
on 12/2/16 5:28 am - Mills River, NC

Not that I am the shining star of weight loss or keeping it off but I don't count squash as a carby veggie.  Yeah, they all have some but I only think about them as a carb when it is beans, corn, potatoes.  And I always counted net carbs, so the total carbs less the fiber. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 12/2/16 11:10 am - Butler, PA

I'm sorry you didn't check us out after you had your surgery.  The LW's helped me sooooo much.  Paying forward is why I stick around. It also keeps me honest.

It sounds like you have thought this all out and determined to get the weight off.  Good for you!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 307 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 495 views
Still kickin'...