VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, April 30, ...

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/24 5:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It was POURING when we woke up (after no rain for a few weeks). But a couple of hours later the sun is out. I guess it will be humid because these pop-up showers are predicted off and on all day.

So I ate on plan during the day yesterday. I have been having an egg salad made with cottage cheese a lot these days for a protein-rich brunch. But last night we went out to dinner to spend the 2 gift certificates we had for a fancy restaurant downtown. I almost ate my whole meal which happens rarely at anytime! It was a fish called pompano prepare with a mango topping. So, so good. And great service. I will have to mark this as a memorable meal and worth the calories. Tonight we are cooking at home with filet mignon on the menu. I can't eat a lot of that and obviously it has good protein so today should be a better day. Trying to lose weight with company and going out to eat all the time is such a challenge.

But I have to say that this tirzepatide is helping my knees tremendously. You can actually see that the swelling has gone down and they feel so much better. Amazing really!

Time to walk Justice soon. Have a total Tuesday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/24 8:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I meant to include these musings when I posted but forgot earlier. Last night we ate dinner with another couple. The wife is super slim and apparently always has been. She told me that she really doesn't care if she eats. She has popcorn a couple of nights a week for dinner because she can't bother making anything and won't eat leftovers. She is incredibly picky about her food and if she gets a restaurant meal she doesn't like she just eats a piece of bread. Her husband does all the cooking which he enjoys except he wishes she would show a little enthusiasm: when he asks what she would like she always says she doesn't care. Which she doesn't! Hard for me to fathom feeling that way but maybe that is what a person is like when the hormones that the GLP-1 medications affect are the opposite of ours?

Miss150
on 4/30/24 7:54 pm

Sometimes I think I would welcome a measure of indifference to mitigate all the energy and emotion and time given over to my so-called bff (aka that backstabbing, over needy, life sucking substance called food).

Miss150
on 4/30/24 8:24 am
  • Liz, picture of a "picking" from just a few seasons ago. In the spring when the soil warms up they start popping straight out of the soil looking just as seen here like tulips ,but without leaves and cut all that show every 3 days or so. When the snow peas are ready to pick, the asparagus is left to grow into big, tall feathery stalks. We don't get near this per picking anymore.

169.4. With any luck the 60s will stick. We'll see.

Rain in the forecast this evening and breezy enough, so spraying is off for the day.will try to set some t-posts while the ground is still soft. CC, I had to laugh at the picture of you "riding" a shovel like a pogo stick! What kind of soil do you have? we have clay around here that makes the ground hard as cement in the summer..

Kurt is in charge of baking treats these days for a weekly "Tuesday Tea" group we attend. You are so right, Devon, those eating disorders are powerful, and havin nothing to do with appetite or hunger, aren't diminished with a drug. For one- if I bake or make a "treat" it "entitles" me to take care of it-translates to eating as much of it as possible.

I brought the goodies into the world, and it is my obligation to take them out of it.

If anyone can make sense of that disordered thinking, let me know.

Smiles to all

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/24 8:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

"I brought the goodies into the world, and it is my obligation to take them out of it."

CC C.
on 4/30/24 8:27 pm, edited 4/30/24 1:27 pm

Bonnie, our house in Michigan is in asparagus country. Asparagus farms everywhere. Oceana county an hour south of us is the "asparagus capital of the world". All that sandy Lake Michigan soil must be good for it. The only thing better than freshly picked asparagus is fresh sweet corn still warm from the field!

Miss150
on 4/30/24 10:06 pm

Oh, yes, please

CC C.
on 4/30/24 12:49 pm

Weight up again! This is going to be a bad week. I think I may need the next dose up because it doesn't feel like it!'s working anymore. But that's not available nor is the one I'm on. Crap! I didn't feel like the compound worked as well, but what's the alternative? Shame on the drug companies for making this stuff and not planning how to make sure people can stay on it. Throttle new prescriptions or something!

After another hole opened under a second tree, I called my exterminator to ask if he works with tree pests. He doesn't but referred me to another exterminator who does. I called that guy and he only does gophers and the size of the holes makes him think it's ground squirrels or pack rats, neither of which I've ever seen, but both are nocturnal. So he referred me to a trapper in Flagstaff who is coming Tuesday to evaluate and give me an estimate. I just want to save my trees!

The door guys are also coming on the 9th to fix my lock after all this time. I have another call into the wayward fountain guy to see if he can still help me. It's always something.

Kirby is on his back chewing on toys under my legs. He needs a walk later. I bought him shoes we haven't tried yet called LavaSoxs for hot pavement. I am sure he won't like them so need to proceed carefully.

I think that's all I know today. Hope you all are well.

Miss150
on 4/30/24 7:36 pm

Oh, where are they to be found, contractors, plumbers, electricians, handymen and women of every practical skill who will do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it, for the price agreed on? I would happily put their kid through school for such loyal service!

DiamondD
on 4/30/24 2:05 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, great to hear that your swelling is going down! While I envy your naturally thin friend, I think it would be kind of sad to not enjoy food. I've had many memorable meals that satisfied in every way. The trick I guess is finding that sweet spot where you savor food but it doesn't rule you.

CC I am up too, 2 totally unjustified pounds. Hrmph. I am trying to be patient, and believe that one day this week I will pee every hour, and then see a new low. Sometimes it happens like that for me.

Miss 150, that asparagus looks to die for!!! I could eat all of it over the course of an evening.

Our Union filed the intent to strike paperwork this morning. Yikes!!! It's an odd feeling. Because of the mandatory 10 day cooling off period, the earliest we can strike would be next Friday, May 10. If they don't offer us a fair package in these next 10 days, we will strike. If it lasts past June 1, the district no longer pays our insurance premiums. We could Cobra, but wow, expensive. So, for that, and many reasons, I hope the district will come and negotiate in good faith, and we don't have to strike.

Big rally tonight outside the District office. Also, threats of a big storm. It will be an interesting night. We're heading over at 5:30 or so.