VSG Maintenance Group

SUNDAY, MAY5

Miss150
on 5/5/24 8:38 am

Happy Cinco de Mayo

168.2 holding here despite a whole day of raking and push mowing round about the place.

Devon, here's what I think is happening. You said you were on point with eating and had an especially good workout. Theory- what may be happening is you are dropping fat and your body is taking on muscle mass. Resulting in true healthy weight loss despite the scale reading. Fat=blobby Muscle = heavier, but toned and buff. Go to your clothes for validation as well as a daily inventory of food/water/nutrition intake. I know you're seeing progress there. Good on you and carry on!

Raining here again today. Seems like we're all stuck in rain no matter where we live (although, if it generates those beautiful flowers you posted earlier, CC, then let it pour!).

May all have a peaceful and enjoyable Sunday.

CC C.
on 5/5/24 9:38 am

No rain here! Wind warnings though and only supposed to be 69. Yay!

I had another low weight today! 28.8 lost. I really need to not get worked up about bad gain weeks. Easy to say, hard to do.

After reading that website I posted last night, I switched to Emerge to get my tirzepatide. Granted, they stop at 10mg, but they ship to MI. It was so easy! I sent them a picture of my last box with the prescription label attached showing dosage and my full name and they wrote me a prescription for compound. Then you send a video of yourself stating your current weight, height, full name, and DOB and they ship your prescription. I also learned Henry Meds rounds their dosing, sometimes down. So Peps, the max you get from them is 2.0, but the max for Wegovy is 2.4mg. You may not need that, but something to keep in mind. I need to see about reversing the charge for Henry Meds. It's so weird to be shopping for prescription medication in this way! Ooh, also Peps, Orderly Meds is another top pick using 503A compounding pharmacies listed on that site (they don't ship to MI unfortunately), but they do ship Tirzepatide to CA in all doses.

I bought a new toy basket for Kirby after he destroyed the last one. He's now trying to rip pieces of this one off. Puppies. I sprayed it with bitter apple, but he doesn't seem to mind. He also ripped the flower off a newly opened bearded iris I just planted. I could see he wanted to mess with it, gave him a warning, and he looked straight at me and did it anyway! Again, puppies.

One of my two neighbors who does search and rescue with one of her dogs just texted and asked me to help with an exercise for her search dog. I need to drop a small article of clothing that smells like me away from their house. They'll find it and use it to track me to my house. Dogs are amazing when they aren't eating flowers and toy baskets.

I'm enjoying my no pasta meaty pasta bake. Could be a staple with Bonnie's ricotta.

Probably enough rambling from me. Take care all! I need to get Kirby out so we can wear him out and drop off our tracking item!

Peps
on 5/5/24 9:52 am

The best deterrent I have found is ground Cayenne Pepper dissolved in water and then sprayed on item.

Thanks for the info on Orderly Meds. I will check it out. As I've said, I would prefer to be on a Mounjaro/Zepbound compound.

DiamondD
on 5/5/24 9:58 am
VSG on 06/13/12

So glad you've worked out the puzzle of how to actually keep your supply of medication stable. It's crazy! DDs insurance will cover Wegovy, and her doctor will write a prescription, but it is almost impossible to find the starter doses in Massachusetts. Among the other positive outcomes, it appears Wegovy's anti-inflammatory properties can treat endometriosis! DD suffers so much, once she was passing a kidney stone, but at first thought it was endometriosis flare. Good grief! What kind of pain is she routinely living with? If this could help her, even without the benefit of weight loss, it would be nothing short of a miracle.

CC C.
on 5/5/24 10:59 am

Gosh wouldn't that be something! No pain in my life has ever come close to having a kidney stone. I can't imagine having that on a regular basis! With Zepbound the only dose that's available is the starter dose. They say they're still making the rest of it, but nobody can find The next three doses up anywhere. It's a shame really. When you think about all the money it costs every month, to not be able to get it and lose your progress is such a waste..

Miss150
on 5/5/24 3:43 pm

Cheeky little Kirby! How cool is it to see Dog's doing the job they were bred to; I forsee a dog knocking on your door sometime from now to return your piece of clothing to you. Kirby's puppy job is to do whatever pleases him-good boy Kirby.

Excellent with the new low weight reading!

DiamondD
on 5/5/24 9:44 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! Lovely sunny day here this morning. DH was throwing grass seed down on the backyard. I don't have the heart to tell him when I looked outside, the birds were enjoying the breakfast he left them.

Yesterday I accomplished very little. A lot of sitting and staring time as I try to process all the things going on. This morning, after another night's good sleep (oh how wonderful it feels!) I was able to get up and tackle a few things.Laundry started, steel cut oats prepared, just took banana bread out of the oven. DH was chagrined I made banana bread, but just because we're eating less doesn't mean DD needs to starve. We basically have nothing in the house to eat most days, especially for her, since she is a vegetarian.

My weight has not really changed in about 2 months. It bounces around in about a 3 pound range. When it gets to the bottom of that range, i get excited and think, tomorrow, A new low. But then it bounces back up again. This may be where I am going to maintain, even with Wegovy. If it is, I'm okay.

Our summer plans are beginning to take shape. The last week of June we are going to San Diego for a baby shower for our niece. DH's brother and his family will be there too, so a fun family reunion. In July we have a cottage reserved for a week in Rockport, my favorite east coast beach town. DD and DS are planning to join us.

Tonight we see the 3rd of Shakespeare's history plays: Henry V. We were able to get DD a ticket right next to us. The first 2 plays delighted and amazed us, I'm expecting nothing less from this one.

DH is in the family room watching Laurel and Hardy. I can hear him chuckling. It warms my heart. Everyday life can be so sweet.

Miss150
on 5/5/24 5:51 pm

Funny about the birds and for breakfast treats. Wish I had a ticket seated next to your DD. There isn't a whole lot of opportunity around here for theater and the such. Enjoy the play.

Peps
on 5/5/24 9:45 am

The sun is shining! The grass is green and the orange and palm trees sway.... Okay, enough with the song lyrics.... But it is a magnificent day. Yesterday we got an inch of rain, which is the norm for the ENTIRE month of May here. I am hoping our rainy season is over now.

I do not know why I am obsessed lately with looking at retirement property. But I am. There is a nice area in the Sierra foothills that is appealing. I can get a similar house with more land for about the same (or even less) than I paid for this place 16 years ago. But of course, as long as Pops is alive, I'm not going anywhere. I believe it's important to stay close.

My body let go of a pound. Bonnie, I love your theory, but it's not likely. Well, at least not completely. To take on muscle mass I would need to eat extra calories. It is a rare, rare individual who can lose fat and gain muscle. Most people lose both muscle and fat while in weight loss mode. What I am trying to do is maintain as much muscle mass as possible during weight loss. I don't want to be "skinny fat". Not only because I don't like the look of that body composition, but losing weight in that manner also reduces the bodies natural metabolism. Muscle cells require more energy to maintain than do fat cells. It's all a complicated dance! However, even with all that said, I know with 100% certainty that I am shrinking. My clothes are testimony to that.

Dog grooming and chores on the docket today. Not much else exciting going on. One week from now Blitz, Ron and I will be on a plane headed for NYC and the Westminster dog show. I am neither excited nor nervous. Odd....

Oh, Ron bought a dozen doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. Kill me now! Thank goodness for semaglutide. It makes the presence of such deliciousness far more tolerable and avoidable.

DiamondD
on 5/5/24 9:51 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Funny what the meds can do, sitting here with a tummy filled with steel cut oats, I read 1 dozen doughnuts and thought, ewww. If I wasn't feeling fed, I might react differently, but after I eat, I am indifferent or even put off by food.