VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, May 8, 2...

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/24 8:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a lot of interesting discussion yesterday! I'll need to go back and reread some of it and follow the links!

We are enjoying our company but busy days! Right now I am sitting in a hair salon while my friend gets her hair done. Her favorite hairdresser from up north just moved to the town next to me here. Might be an option for me in the future since it is too expensive in my own town here. The guys are golfing. We are going out to lunch afterwards.

I'm having some issues with one of my BP medications. There is an irritating side effect that has gotten much worse over the last couple of months. It used to just make my ankles swell but now I get blisters all over my feet. A first it was just a couple at a time but now I have several weeping ones on each foot which I have to be really careful about keeping clean so I don't get an infection. Gross right?. I wonder if it is because my weight is dropping that it has gotten so much worse. I am working with my PCP to see if I can get the dose low enough to relieve the issue. Can't make quick changes though so I have to drop the dose slightly then wait a few days while taking my BP constantly. I wish I could just stop using it cold turkey and get rid of the problem.

Time to move on to lunch. Have a winning Wednesday!

CC C.
on 5/8/24 8:22 am

Your poor feet. That sounds miserable!

Shot day. Thanks to the scale jumping up on shot day last week, this week's official loss is 3.2. Still up from my low during the week. Today I'll take my previous compound, but I'll do 7.5mg if I can work the math. My new compound ships today. Emerge was really efficient! Communicated with them Monday morning, ships today.

The trappers came yesterday. Such nice guys. They walked the whole property and said there is long term evidence of rock squirrels, gophers, and voles. They are busy and happy in my yard being fed tasty tree roots, but not for long! FYI, the traps are not humane release versions, but to save some very expensive trees, I'm okay with it. They said it can be just 1-2 of each doing all that damage. The ground is Swiss cheese out there. Anyway, they also do bat deterrent (not harming them, they are protected), so once we have the burrowers in hand, I will ask them to tackle that. The landscapers will move the trees that can't be watered currently because it just runs down the tunnels (Runnels in the tunnels!).

Kirby has discovered the joys of kitchen towels. No matter how far back on the counter I put them, he steals them for keep away games. He finally had a bath yesterday and is currently laying on my foot gnawing on a bully stick.

Still need to step up the tidying in preparation for my furniture supposedly coming next week. I think that's all for me. Have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/24 8:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What strange land in Arizona!

Kirby is such a puppy! Do you think his recent lack of appetite might be similar to what occurs in some small children? They often grow in spurts. My son would eat everything in sight just before and during a growth spurt but then he would barely touch his food in between.

CC C.
on 5/8/24 8:55 am

I wonder! He feels pretty much like his frame is full grown, but maybe filling out? Sometimes I think it's just a control thing for him. I've been good about not sharing my food, but he still wants it More than his own. I also think it could be constipated. He's going, but not in the volume he has been. But that could be the reduced food?

Miss150
on 5/8/24 9:31 am

Constipation...Pumpkin!

Miss150
on 5/8/24 9:28 am

Hey, is Kirby still being a picky eater? Perhaps your trappers can help by passing along to you a variety of locally resourced tree fed, free range critters from your own yard. Freshly prepared by you with a few carrots and green beans....Yummy!

DiamondD
on 5/8/24 3:54 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Hahahaha dinner for Kirby or CC??

Miss150
on 5/8/24 7:53 pm

OH, MY!

DiamondD
on 5/8/24 3:47 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Cheerful trappers! Trap the critters however you need to. My philosophy is there is a whole big world out there for critters. Peace to them, until they are messing in my space (very small relative to the whole world they have available). There was a really big, rather beautiful snake living under our hot tub. We apologized, but all the same, he is now dead. Had he chose to live in the wooded area of the backyard, we could've co existed. But not the paver patio and the hot tub.

CC C.
on 5/8/24 4:02 pm

Amen to that! my neighborhood is surrounded by a national forest on 4 sides. So much room to eat roots that aren't mine!