Bariatric Buddy

First timer

Garthunk
on 10/7/13 4:23 am

I am a single support group meeting away from getting my surgery date. Hopefully that will be before the end of the year. I was hoping to join a meeting online to qualify for that, but once I started looking around here I realized what a great resource this could be. I have seen several people go through bariatric surgery in the past but I have lost touch with most of them. The in person meeting I attended felt very rushed and a bit like an hour long commercial for surgery services provided by the hospital.

I am 39 years old, married to a wonderful woman and have an amazing 3 year old daughter. I want to have this surgery as much for them as myself.

Any help and advice would be had, thanks in advance.

Jeff

Patrece S.
on 11/21/13 12:46 pm - CO

I am so sorry! I have been awol for a very long time from my group here.

I wish you all the best with your surgery. It will be a wonderful gift to you and your loved ones, as long as you treat it with the respect it deserves. It can be way too easy to get off track later (2 to 3 years after the surgery), and the weight will creep back up if you do not stay compliant.

My best suggestion to you is to make sure, that no matter what it takes, you are willing to follow the guidelines. The first couple of years are simply magical! But then you are back to reality, and to benefit from the magic of the first couple of years, you must study, learn, and commit yourself to what you have to do for the long haul.

Wishing you all the best!

Patrece

Patrece
JUST DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING!
Obesity Help Support Group Leader & Coach
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy          

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader