Bariatric Buddy

Groups » Bariatric Buddy » Discussion » First Post in Group...

First Post in Group - Sleeve Surgery scheduled for 12/18/13

staceyp1105
on 12/3/13 4:59 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

IT has been a whirlwind!  I only found out a few days ago of my date and my mind is racing...its affecting my sleep and I have had a headache but overall I am excited to change my life and get back to being ME.

I have my nutritional class tomorrow which is only 2 weeks out from surgery date but in a way I am glad so I dont have so much time to stress before having to go into ACTION mode.  Although reading about many other's pre-surgery actions, I am feeling very unprepared.

So many preparations to be made now...not just for me but my family.  I am a little overwhelmed.  I have two kids 8 and 12 and I havent told them yet.  Trying to decide how and what...any suggestions?  I really want to use my surgery as an opportunity for all of us to be and act healthy.  My kids are of perfect weight but so was I until college.  I see their eating habits, feel the guilt of not having been a great role model and want to use this time for all of us to make the changes we should.

I havent decided if or who I will tell.  SO far only my husband (obviously), my mom, physical therapist, hair dresser (HA) and one close friend.  I might to bring some more friends into the loop in case I need help with the kids, etc. but other than that, I really dont find myself wanting to tell people.  I would love to hear how you have dealt with this!

Looking forward to using these groups as I spend the next 2 weeks focused on prep and then of course, post surgery.  Any need-to-know tips or suggestions are appreciated...I am afraid I am not asking the right questions.

Patrece S.
Group Leader

Kathy B.
Co- Leader