June 9th Surgery Date!!

oregon_girl1213
on 5/10/09 6:51 am - Troutdale, OR
This is my first time posting.  But I have been lurking for a long time! I just got approved for my surgery and I am so EXCITED!  I am so nervous though.  Now i have to do 4 weeks of nothing but skim milk "the milk diet" prior to surgery.  This is NOT going to be easy, but I am motivated.  I am hoping to make friends along the way that will be on the same journey I am on.  I look forward to meeting all of you!

Holly

keem
on 5/11/09 9:46 am - TX
Congrats!  It will be here before you know it....then a few days later I will join you as my date is June 15th.

First consult 308/Surgery Date 269/Current 180/Goal 180

EmmaL
on 5/12/09 12:33 am - Plattsburgh, NY
hi and welcome,
finally another june 9ther i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one on the 9th.  I go for pre op on the 3rd.  But i'm doing just the typical 9day liquid diet. Please let me know how you do.  keep in touch. good luck and God bless.

Huggs.....
Em
PPOOH1157
on 5/12/09 3:43 am - Kyle, TX
My surgery is also June 9th.  I will start my 2 week preop high protein low carb diet on May 24th and do my all liquid for 1 day June 8th.    I am so glad my dr. doesn't like the all liquid for 2 weeks prior. 
I can do the high protein low carb though. 
Good luck to you,

brandyII
on 5/12/09 9:32 am
Mine is the 11th, I've never heard of anyone going on a skim milk diet pre-op.  I'm starting my liquid medifast diet this Thursday and just want to get everything moving!!!  Good luck to you!
Stephanie D.
on 5/23/09 4:11 am

Hi! I had been penciled in for the 9th but did not know if I had been approved through my insurance yet.  Yesterday I got the call and yes I am approved!!! 2 weeks of the liquid protein diet starting the day after Memorial Day.  I'm actually looking forward to it, it gives me something to really focus on before surgery.  Good Luck to you on your big day!!!!

ZeeBaby !
on 5/25/09 12:19 am - Columbus, OH
I'm june 9th too congrats

YO GURL ZEEBABY!!!  

oregon_girl1213
on 5/25/09 8:18 am - Troutdale, OR

WOW!  Looks like June 9th is going to be a grat day for ALL of us!  It seems like time is flying by so fast.  The closer it gets though I have to confess the more excited I get ( ok and a little nervous too!)

Holly

buddyboo
on 5/28/09 11:03 am - springfield, IL
RNY on 08/10/12
Congrats!!

I went in for an appointment today and the nurse came in and told me I had been approved by my insurance. I was not expecting that news and thought the insurance would take longer to decide. I am excited but also nervous. I will have my surgery on June 9th also. This is the beginning of a new life for us! yeah! 

Jenny
ani
on 5/28/09 11:59 am
I am also June 9th. I go to my nutrition class tomorrow. I haven't heard about liquid diet yet but I assume I will need to do that also. Looks like June 9 will be a busy day. Am I the only one who is scared? It seems like everyone is just excited. Maybe I'm afraid because my BMI is high. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we will all come out great.
Most Active