I am home,.........and alive!!

arrowflingindady
on 6/4/09 1:29 pm
I am home....in pain, but alive!! I had a lot of blood loss due to a nicked vein around my spleen area, but other than that everything went really well. On my preop diet I lost 16 1/2 pounds!! I tried a few bites of applesauce, that just made me sick. So now I am sipping on a protein drink, then back to bed!! Good luck to all those to come!
~~**Kristie**~~

tammy_moore
on 6/4/09 2:57 pm
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Glad to hear you are doing well
eljayem
on 6/5/09 12:13 am
I'm glad to hear you are home!  What was it like?  Any words of advice for someone going in 11 days?
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
arrowflingindady
on 6/5/09 2:02 am
I am still very sore, however it was just yesterday. Take your time in recovery. They kept trying to get me ready to go home and everytime I would get up I got sick to my stomache and was about to throw up and that is the worse thing you can do,........so I told them no, I would let them know we I was ready to get up. Just take it easy. My surgery went really quick and everything went really well.  Good luck and I am sure you will do great!
~~**Kristie**~~

macsue
on 6/5/09 7:47 am - Danville, KY
Glad to hear you're OK.   I'll be there on Monday.   I hope for your speedy recovery!
<^><^><^>Where there is faith there is hope, Where there is hope there is everything<^><^><^>         
ericaNH
on 6/5/09 11:50 pm - Tamworth, NH
Glad to hear it went well!!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
~Erica
Dr. Renee Wolff

Start weight: 309.6
Day of surgery weight 267 (June 10, 2009)
Current weight: 194.6

Most Active