June 29th Date

VelmaZ
on 6/7/09 3:59 am

My big day is the 29th! I have a count down going on my calendar.

I am alittle upset at myself though...I have been eating a lot! I .have gained 7 pounds! I keep thinking, "well this is the last time I'll be eating this" and then I eat it. Is anyone having these thoughts?

I start my liver reduction diet on the 15th. I have started drinking sf Carnation Breakfast in the morning.

Good luck to everone!

Velma 

Patti ATX
on 6/7/09 8:57 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/16/09 with
My doctor calls that last supper syndrome.  I think all of use go through that.  Once you start your preop diet that will fall off immediately.  YOu will feel better too. Good luck to you.  My big date is June 16th.  I couldn't be more excited.
jackijayne
on 6/7/09 8:07 pm - OH
I felt the same way...a sort of farewell to food tour...I just finally decided that I made the decision for the surgery and i can make he decision to give the nod and smile at the baked mac and cheese and skip it.  hang in there though.  Most of us got here by using food for comfort and now we will use each other for comfort.  I'm with you on the 29th and I am ready to go!

I already started my pre-surgery diet.  fortunately my hubby is doing it with me to make it easier.  Best of luck to you!
VelmaZ
on 6/8/09 1:13 pm
My hubby just told me that he will do the diet with me as well! He wants to be supportive of me and not eat regular food in front of me. Aren't they good husbands! We are lucky!

Good luck on the 29th!

I have my exercise and nutrition class on the 11th...hospital pretesting on the 16th,,,PCP signoff on the 23rd. All the while I am finishing up the school year with assesssments, report cards. end of the year picnic and graduation ceremony! At least keeping busy will make the time fly!
Velma 

jackijayne
on 6/8/09 1:57 pm - OH
That is great that your hubby is doing it too!!  We are very lucky...lucky to have hubbies that will love us no matter what size we are!

My last nutrition class and my hospital pre-op are on the 10th, PCP on the 24th and I'm trying to get organized before then.  Hope your end of the school year stuff goes quick and without a hitch.  My middle kid just graduated high school on the 31st and my oldest got married on the 15th of May, so last month was our crazy month.  We still have one left at home, He turns 8 this month and is seriously concerned about the new eating habits in the house...I think he is having golden arches withdrawls...lol

I shall drink my morning nutrition drink to us!  Cheers!

Most Active