So tomorrow's the big day.

sunshine86
on 6/7/09 12:25 pm
And I am so freaking nervous

I've only had one surgery in my life..... and I do NOT have pleasant memories of it. I remember being miserable and in pain. Of course, that was for a broken leg, so hopefully it's different tomorrow

I'm scared. Despite all the books I've read, the videos I've watched, the seminars I've attended, the surgeons I've interviewed (I met with 3 or 4 before I decided on one I felt confident in)...... despite ALL the hard work I put into getting approved- the testing, the counseling, the dieting, the paperwork, etc...etc...etc.... despite it all..... I'm starting to get cold feet.

I feel ****** up in the head from being so anxious. I'm scared. I hate hospitals, I hate having IVs, I hate being in pane.... I'm afraid that they're gonn **** up and give me painkillers that I'm allergic to again..... I'm afraid that something might go wrong.... I'm afraid that I'm going to have complications...

Can someone slap me out of this please? I know I'm being ridiculous. I'm just... nervous.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

macsue
on 6/7/09 12:47 pm - Danville, KY
I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you.   I feel very anxious myself!    TOMORROW!!!  
I am trusting Jesus to get me through this.   My family is praying.   My church is praying.   That is the only way I am able to cope.   Besides being anxious, I am terribly EXCITED!!   I know that sounds weird.   We'll be in pain and all that, but I am so excited to have a chance to get rid of this fat.   I'm praying for you.
We'll get through this and be losing in no time!!!

Sandra
<^><^><^>Where there is faith there is hope, Where there is hope there is everything<^><^><^>         
Mandi_B
on 6/7/09 1:55 pm
I am 15 weeks out and my surgery went great.  I did get really nervous as I was waiting to go into surgery.  I wish you the best of luck and just have trust in yourself, your body, and your doctor.  Just remember that you fall asleep and it feels like you wake up quickly.  I was so drugged up that I didn't even notice pain.  I had my surgery on Monday, home on wednesday, and was out at the movie theatre on Friday.  I know that it's easier said than done, but try to relax and have some faith.

Mandi
ernagoldkuhl
on 6/7/09 2:12 pm
My surgery is Tuesday and I know exactly what you are feeling. I am there too. I think we may feel this way because of all we know and all of the research that was done to get to this place. I hope you try and get some sleep and know very soon you will be on the way to becoming a healthier you. The courage you have shown by making a committment to yourself is the greatest gift you could ever have done for yourself. Thank you for posting what you did, because it helped me too.  
Best wishes to the new and improved (only externally) you!
Rachel DiLo
on 6/7/09 2:36 pm
im praying for you to get through this procedure with no problems. i really hope all goes well and you can ease your mind for a bit. im rooting for you!!!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

sunshine86
on 6/7/09 2:43 pm
Thank you everyone, I appreciate all of the kind words.

I have NO idea how I'm going to fall asleep tonight.... lol :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

rows4u
on 6/7/09 11:43 pm
Revision on 03/11/13

Well we are both in the same boat. I'm scared to DEATH of surgery and I'm also having it on June 9th! It amazes me that I'm willing to risk my life or something to happen to me and not be there for my kids but it also shows me how bad i need this! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. My surgery is at 10:15am,... what time will you be going in? Good Luck!

Pakrn
on 6/8/09 5:29 am - Levittown, PA
BENADRYL always works for me!! 25mg prior to bedtime and I am out!! Take a deep breath and close your eyes and just think of what you are going to look like on Labor Day, than Christmas and than next SUMMER!!!!!!!!!! You are going to feel so much better and be wondering why you didn't do it sooner!!!

Take care and Bless You!!

Pat K.
                                       Many receive advice, only the wise benefit from it!    
Most Active