How are all the other June 8th people?

WhitneyC
on 6/10/09 1:17 am
Hi everybody, just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I had my surgery on Monday morning and it went very well. I was quite nervous going in but my surgeon is so kind and he helped soothe me. Everything went perfectly and the doctor was extemely pleased with how my organs looked, he said my liver, gallbladder, and everthing else looked very healthy. I was quite drowsy on Monday, but did get up and walk. I also started on 1 ounce of water per hour and did great with that. I never felt nauseous. Monday night was sooooo long. I couldn't sleep well in the hospital and I was being overhydrated through the IV, so I had to pee every hour. I was releived when tues. morning came; I began walking at 5:00 am. Tuesday I drank 1-2 oz.. per hour and they started me on a 2 oz. meal of broth and SF jello. Again, I had no problems or nausea. By tuesday night, the JP tube and staples were removed that they told me I could jo home. I am home now, and feeling pretty well. Sometimes I am in pain, but for the most part, I feel good. I am going to focus on getting plenty of H2O today. How did everyone else's surgeries go? How are you feeling?
rness
on 6/10/09 9:10 am - Champlin, MN
Hi, My surgery was Monday as well. Monday was pretty much a blur for me. I couldnt start to drink anything until Tuesday morning. I did get home Tuesday evening around 6:30pm. Had a little trouble with the pain meds they made my dry heave, yuck. So no more pain meds for me.
Other then that. Im feeling OK not great. I have very little energy and really just want to sleep. Im sure tomorrow will be better.

Surgery 278/ Current 152   

cdegouff
on 6/10/09 11:14 pm - Kirkville, NY
My surgery was also on Monday was scheduled for 10 am didn't actually get in until around 11:15 first surgery of the morning ended up going open instead of by laser. my surgery went fine text book case they said only issue was I was in recovery for 9 hours due to no bed for me I was getting quit peeved and so was my husband. I finally got to my room around 9:30 only good news was that I was in a room by myself. tuesday was much of the same started drinking my water and getting up and walking etc. No problems with any of that was feeling great (still am for the most part) My room got moved again on Tuesday night at around 10:30 PM just as I was just starting to doze off needless to say being moved to a room rightn near the nurses desk is not cool. I didn't get any sleep. I was discharged wednesday morning at 9:00 home by 9:30 took a couple long naps and have been working on getting in my protein drink and my water not so easy. I am still a litle sore, slept on the couch last night can't seem to lay in bed at this time.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 7:27 am
I was Monday June 8 also. 8AM at Sycamore Med Center in Miamisburg OH with Dr Dave Schumaker. Everyting went very well. Sure I had some pain, but handled it well. Was released yesterday (Wednesday). Sometimes I am sad and think "What was I thinking!" but I'll be OK.
sunshine86
on 6/11/09 8:22 am, edited 6/11/09 8:22 am
Yay!

My surgery was also on Monday... I couldn't ask for a better experience! The surgery itself took about 33 minutes, and the surgeons aid my organs looked perfect, and that everything went flawlessly.

Took me about an hour to wake up from anesthesia, another hour to start drinking fluids, another half hour to get up and start walking.... and I left the hospital about four hours total after surgery... not too shabby!

The incisions look perfect, they're glued shut... and so far, I've found that children's liquid advil works WAY better than my demerol (I'm allergic to vicodin and all the good stuff!). I'm doing pretty well, I just feel like I got punched in the stomach REALLY HARD! lol.

Other than that, so far so good! :) I can't wait to get back to work.... I have a serious case of cabin fever, LOL! Did you guys notice that NO GOOD MOVIES came out this week??!! I'm stuck watching season one of CSI... lol :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

macsue
on 6/13/09 9:29 am - Danville, KY

Hi.   I am glad to see so many have had good experiences!   I have to say that I also had good a good experience!   I am a revision (vbg to rny) so my surgery and hospital stay were longer.   The Dr. had to remove a lot of scar tissue so I am very sore.   I still have in some tubes... One will come out next week and one will come out in 5 weeks.   The later is the source of the most pain...   To anyone out there considering Georgetown, KY and Dr. Sonnanstine, they are GREAT!   I am not just saying that.   I had such great care by such friendly and caring people, I didn't want to leave.   Dr. S is fantastic.   He was genuinely happy to report to me that my surgery went very well.  He checked on my often by phone and in person.   The nurses were caring and fun to be around.   I don't think I met up with a single grumpy person... even when I woke up in the recovery room groaning and begging for pain medicine... I imagine I was somewhat melodramatic.   But they got the medicine and kept giving it to me until my pain subsided.   My surgery was Monday morning and I got to come home Thursday evening.   Pain is still an issue but is relived by meds.   So far, I've had not trouble getting in my protein and water.   Also, jello snack puddings (no sugar added 60 calories) are great!

Sandra

<^><^><^>Where there is faith there is hope, Where there is hope there is everything<^><^><^>         
Lina05
on 6/13/09 10:06 am - NJ
My surgery was also on Monday June 8 I had the lap band. I arrived at 6:30am and was out of the hospital by 11:30am. I have recovered much faster than what I thought. I am drinking about 3oz of chicken broth and also have sf jello, sf pudding, and apple sauce which right now I am getting tired of but I have one more week and I can move on to phase 2. Overall I feel good the only issue I been having is with gas. I am going back to work on Monday so I hope for the best. Good luck to everybody ! I hope to see us all back here in one year with all of our weight goals accomplished!
Most Active