June 15ers getting excited?!?

Melissa True
on 6/11/09 11:11 am - Augusta, ME
WOO HOO! We are 3 days away from surgery...I a getting super excited!

I have been on liquids since June 1st...

whos on liquids? who doesn't have to have a pre-op diet?

What are everyones thoughts?
Baby girl Morgan born 5/28/10, 2 weeks before my 1 year surgiversary. Angel concieved 09/10, lost 10/13/10, was due in June 2011. Baby #2 (our rainbow) on their way, due 7/27/11- Miley Victoria or Maddox Michael
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

keem
on 6/11/09 11:25 am - TX
Yep, getting excited and nervous.  I'm spending lots of time and brain power (and I have so little to start with ;o) to making sure I have everything taken care of.  Being a single mom, just the logistics of getting kids shifted around is a task in itself!

I have been on liquids since Monday (today is day 4) and I'm feeling rather hungry!  I have stuck with chocolate protein shakes as what I am able to get in, with a few crystal lights / water too.  I tried a vanilla shake and couldn't do it.  Then I tried some chicken broth and couldn't do that either!  So, water, crystal light and chocolate shakes it is for me!

I have struggled with not being able to smell food without just feeling like crap.  So, I've had my 11 yr old daughter making quick, easy dinners for her and her brother while I hide out behind a closed door in my room! 

I think my brain is on overload.  I have lost and forgotten so much in the last 2 weeks!  I'm looking forward to the other side and new things to think about :)

Good luck to you on Monday.....everyone is in my thoughts and  prayers as our day gets here!

First consult 308/Surgery Date 269/Current 180/Goal 180

aircorp
on 6/12/09 1:34 am - centre, AL
yeah i too am on monday! i am so ready!

best of luck to all!
luggi
on 6/13/09 12:46 pm - Stone Ridge, NY
Yep. Monday is the day for me too. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet but Sunday is clear liquids only. Had my "last supper" a few hours ago. Good luck to you all!
Devoray
on 6/14/09 6:14 am
I cannot believe we are all having surgery on Monday.  Best of luck to all of you and we will compare stories on the other side.

Melanie S.
on 6/14/09 7:56 am - Richmond, VA
I have the modified diet... 3 protien shakes and two 1000 calorie meals. .. I m soooooo ready to get on with the show... Is it tuesday yet? I hate being put under, so i cant wait to get on with it..

HW289/PreOp287/SW262

keem
on 6/14/09 8:19 am - TX
Hope everyone is doing well and ready for tomorrow!  I'm doing my last bit of packing and other than that...I'm ready!

I'm wondering if I will sleep tonite.....I think that is the time I will start my nervousness.   I'm so grateful I am an early morning surgery.  I have to be there at 630a and surgery is 830a. (Pacific)

To all that are traveling this path with me tomorrow, I wish us all peace, health, supportive loved ones, talented surgeons and I look forward to sitting on the losers bench with you all!

First consult 308/Surgery Date 269/Current 180/Goal 180

HoneyRoasted
on 6/14/09 10:18 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I'm getting my RNY tomorrow too!
I can't wait!
ALthough I'm already feeling the hunger
My mind is already playing vicious games with me & I've only been on a clear liquid diet for the past 7 hours & 17 minutes!! haha

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
ktinaaa
on 6/14/09 3:33 pm - Norman, OK
 GOOD LUCK to everyone having their surgery later on today!

Be sure to post as soon as possible to let us know you're okay 
"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire."
        "If you give, you begin to live."

Kristina

Most Active