Surgery date next Wednesday the 24th

Jimmy Gibson
on 6/18/09 6:15 am
Hello,

This is my first post as I've been lurking alot. Well i've been approved by insurance, have done my nutrition & exercise courses, pre-op appt. with doc, pre-op cert with hospital, and pre-op class. so now I just have to drink clear liquids all day Tuesday and arrive 6:00am Wednesday for my RNY procedure. Yes the loss of weight will be great, but i'm really looking forward to getting rid of all the med's I have to take. I was a dare devil as a kid with skiing, surfing, doing stupid things that would get you the biggest air and with many wipeouts and injuries i'm paying for it now. Last year I had 2 total knee replacements. That went really well, so I know this wiil also. With the new loss of weight these new knees are going to do amazing. Those past years with the bad knees really slowed me down and added the weight on. So soon I will be able to do all sorts of thing I liked to do in the past minus the big air stupidity. Well wish me luck and i'll post my progress as I travel the path of many.

Jimmy
jberry1417
on 6/18/09 8:29 am - Carrollton, GA
Hi Jimmy,

My name is Jackie and I too am scheduled for RNY on the 24th.  I was scheduled for 07/07/09 and got a call today that the doctor had a cancellation for the 24th, so I grabbed it and ran.  I also am on a list of meds and take 700 units of insulin per day along with 20 other meds a day.  If I can't come completely off, then at least cut way back on them.  I am not scared or nervous about having WLS, but scared of what would happen if I don't have WLS.  I live in Carrollton, GA and am having my surgery in Birmingham.  Good luck to you and look forward to sharing our upcoming journeys

Jackie.
cmr3399
on 7/2/09 7:16 am - Bayville, NJ

Jimmy, Jackie...

I had my surgery June 24th as well...Just wondering how you two are doing....

Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

Most Active