11 days post op

jaimemerchel
on 6/20/09 1:56 pm - Washington, IA
I went in for surgery June 9th.  My surgery went great and my husband said I was up and walking within 2 hours after getting out of recovery.  All of the staff at Univeristy of Iowa was awesome.  I came home with a JP drain and it come out at my first post op appointment on the 15th.  I went in to surgery at 357 - came out at 363 and as of Monday I weighed 349.  I can't wait until I can start using my own scale.  I only have 29 more pounds to lose then I can. 
I went through a stage that I though I was never going to be able to get all my water in.  But then the swelling went down in my pouch and it's SOOOO much easier to drink.  Thank God.  That was my worst day, I thought I had made a huge mistake having the surgery and that I was going to get dehydrated and be hospitalized.  I had been doing so great up until that day and then I hit a downer.  I haven't had to take any kind of pain medication since the hospital took me off the pain pump.  I went back to work on the 17th for 1/2 days and I will go back fulltime on the 23rd. 

Now that the sweilling has gone down in my pouch I am very greatful and I couldn't have felt any better.  I hope anybody that is reading this and has not had the surgery has as good of luck as I have had after surgery.

Jaime

rebland66
on 6/20/09 11:00 pm
That's wonderful that you feel so great so soon.  What type of surgery did you have?
bmjm1025
on 7/4/09 11:59 am
I had the RNY.  Still feeling great other than being full of gas bubbles.  I can't wait til next week i go for my 1 month and I want to see what my weight is.  I can't use the scale at home until i'm under 320.  Hopefully soon though. 
raftinglady30
on 6/21/09 1:14 am
Hi!
I"m so glad that it sounds like everything went so well for you. It gives me hope! I have surgery a week from tomorrow and just getting the nervous energy. Just want this done and over with anyway. I pray tht your recovery will still be going great for you! Good luck on your journey to a healtheir you.
tadpole08
on 6/21/09 9:21 am
I'm glad to hear your surgery went well.  I am scheduled for June 30th at U of I Hospital.  It will be my first surgery ever so I am a little nervous. 
RubyDarkstar
on 6/21/09 4:48 pm - Ashby, MA
Hello there, I had RNY on June 9th,and have had a similar experience. I'm so happy that you are feeling so well!
Most Active