Protein???

Katie D.
on 6/25/09 4:20 am - Baltimore, MD
OK, I have tried a couple of the protein powders and already made shakes & I can't stand any of them! Any suggestions on some that aren't to gross. So far I have only been able to get a couple of grams of protein!
bkmandy4
on 6/25/09 4:29 am - NE
I am using benesource protein that the hospital recommended. It don't really taste and mixes well with things. I use it in food and with carnation instant breakfast for a milkshake drink. It is cheap and you can get it from walgreens.
NLC77
on 6/25/09 4:57 am
I am using Unjury.  Here is a recipe I found from someone on a website, and I love the taste of it.  I am extremely picky too....  

4oz milk
1 scoop of Chocolate Unjury
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp splenda
4 or 5 ice cubes

Do it all up in the magic bullet...  makes a chocolate shake.  160 calories/20g protein

I also add a 1/2 scoop of the unflavored unjury to my morning coffee and get 10g extra there. 
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

AquaGirl
on 6/25/09 11:52 am - CA
I'm using the Bariatric Advantage powder. I've found that it tastes better and leaves less stuff on your teeth if I dilute it and then put it in a blender. It calls for 8oz. of water, but I'm doing 16 - 20 oz. instead. I'm guessing that would be the same with any powder.
Also helps get more fluids in.

jvogt
on 6/27/09 12:25 pm - Hartland, WI
I prefer it cold. For a change, try it as a smoothie in the blender with ice. It is harder to drink fast, and adds volume. My doctor also allows extracts. In the spice isle and the sugar free flavors used at coffee shops. World Market carries these. I have Raspberry, Hazelnut and Carmel. Orange extract and vanilla is kind of like a dreamsicle.

Jod
RNY 6/22/09
Arriving at one goal, is a starting point to another

Most Active