Female Issue... someone help?

NLC77
on 6/25/09 12:09 am
Hi everyone...  I've been reading a lot, not posting much.  My surgery is Monday.  I am READY! 

Here's my issue.  I think I'm getting my period.  I counted the calendar a month ago and suspected it might be timed just right...     Sure enough, I think it's starting and may be in full swing on Monday morning, surgery day.  What should I do?  I know I am getting a foley catheder during the procedure and will have it in when I wake up.  Do I just tell the nurse when I get there?  I know they are nurses and doctors and I shouldn't be embarrased, but I am!  What do you all think?  Did any of you girls have to deal with this ON TOP OF the usual nerves, fears, everything that goes along with the surgery?  

Thanks!!   
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

raftinglady30
on 6/25/09 2:36 am
I have heard many people have this happen to them too. Don't stress about it at all. They just tell the nurse and then they give you some (from what I understand) net panties and a pad. No tampons in surgery. I am the same day so see ya on the other side. I know we will do great!
bkmandy4
on 6/25/09 4:23 am - NE
Having your period during this time will not really do anything except make you uncomfortable. The dr won't ever even know. and the nurse putting hte foley in will have seen in a million times. Just let them know before hand so there are ready.
I just had my surgery on the 15th and I had my period the week before. I remember feeling lucky aobut that because leaning over and wiping/cleaning takes on a new challenge after surgery.  For sure wear the mesh panties and pads and I am sure you will do just fine. Just a minor bump in the road. It is nothing that you would need to cancel or postpone your surgery for. Good Luck!!
NLC77
on 6/25/09 4:59 am
net panties... lol...  I had a flashback from when I had my children and was given those net panties things...  ha! 

okay, so I'll just communicate with my nurse when I get there and let her know what's up.  I was not even thinking of postponing!!!!  MAN!  I feel like it's taken forever to get here, and nothing is stopping me! 

thanks girls!
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

Laura_Illinois
on 6/27/09 6:52 am - Morris, IL

Hi, I know what you mean. I have that same fear. I'm due for mine a few days before surgery (July 9th). I hope to God I get it before then. I'm afraid my nervousness will throw it off more.

P.S. Some one else wrote about difficulty wiping post-op. I didn't even think about that. What else do I need to prepare for?

Most Active