3 weeks post op,and back in the hospital

annkate77
on 6/26/09 5:38 am, edited 6/26/09 6:16 am
HI everyone!
I am sitting here in my hosptial room, over 3 weeks after my RNy surgery.  I was admitted last satuday for increase and on and off abdominl pain,  Tuens out my liver was doing craxy things with my blood work, and my bloodwork But for the 2 weeks after the surgery, I was very insistant with my doctors offiice, calling them almost every day or twice a day with tthe concernes I was feelinnf about how i feliing.  I have to struggle to stay awake to write this, I am on an awful lot of medications, so forgive me if I write anthing crazy.  I just want to encourage everyone that has concerns about their own help, don't let the MDs talk you out of it, especially if you know you have that gut feeling like I have been having.  I have been admittieed since Saturday, with exteme abdominal pain, my liver enzymes have finally stabilized, they are treating me for a UTI, and are now considering when they want to takeout my gallbladder-  So just advice, believe in yourself.  if you know somehting is wrong insist on being seen. And if they don't wnt to see you, then go the the ER.  They couldn't ignore me-all jaundace, barfing in the waiting room.  I just hope that nothing was injured even more because they ignored me for 2
But my eyes are kinda drifting and I am falling asleep.  1
Thanks for reading!
AnnKate

keem
on 6/26/09 8:13 am - TX
Good for you that you kept it up and got the help you needed.  We all need to pay attention to the signs our bodies send.

Hope you are feeling better and back home soon!

First consult 308/Surgery Date 269/Current 180/Goal 180

NewDayDawning
on 6/26/09 8:53 am
AnnKate - You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope they are taking good care of you now and that you will be on the fast track to being healed very soon.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Stephanie

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

jvogt
on 6/27/09 12:18 pm - Hartland, WI
Take care of yourself. You are right, nobody knows your body better than you. Hope things turn out well.

Jod
RNY 6/22/09
Arriving at one goal, is a starting point to another

raftinglady30
on 6/27/09 1:25 pm
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted as to how you do. I will be gone for a week (surgery on Mon. 4 hrs from home) and so I will be looking for posts from ya when I do get back home. Hugs!
Most Active