Anyone else missing real food?

NewDayDawning
on 6/26/09 4:28 am

Day Ten and I am missing real food BIG TIME.  Pretty sure I'd sell my soul for a roll with butter.. LOL

I just keep telling myself, soon you will be able to have COTTAGE CHEESE Wooo hooo.

I read about head hunger, but now I know what they were talking about... UGH.  Everything SOUNDS so good.  But it's not sweets I'm craving, its hamburgars and steak and a big huge salad.

Anyone else dealing with these cravings/obsessions about food?

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/09 5:19 am
I am totally missing it right now.  Especially when I'm making dinner for hubby and our son.  I want so bad to just reach and have a bite of it.  Its not so much the hunger for it, but the scent of it.  The scent just wafts up my nose and I'm dying inside. 
arielared
on 6/26/09 9:23 am - Stamford, CT
I went with my sister to a really good Greek restaurant, one week post-op.  I ordered avgolemono soup and had the broth while pushing aside the little bits of chicken and rice.  A few table away, a woman was eating my favorite dish, mousaka, and I started to have an anxiety attack.  My heart started pounding and my body was vibrating.  I had to talk myself down, but it really surprised me.  I thought that I was psychologically prepared for this, but, apparently I was not.  The other day I put a plantain chip in my mouth, chewed, chewed and chewed some more, then spit it out.  Pathetic, huh?  Nah, I forgive myself.  What we're doing is difficult after a lifetime of having whatever we wanted.  This discipline has to be practiced.  We have to keep ourselves distracted for a while, if we can.  Fortunately, I don't have to cook for anyone else, so it's easier for me.  I feel sorry for those of you who are cooking for the family and can't touch anything.  Keep in mind that it's temporary.

eljayem
on 6/26/09 10:00 pm
I'm having some of the same problems - generally when I'm handling food for the family where normally I would have had a bit.  But my pouch has been really unhappy with more than 4 ounces, even of liquid, so I haven't really wanted anything bad enough for that pain.  It will be nice when enough weight comes off so I get a little positive feedback for abstaining.  And when my belly finally gets over the surgical pains.
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
KristieJane
on 6/27/09 4:05 am - Terre Haute, IN
I have been missing a lot of salty foods and such. I felt so bad this week because I had those cravings. I must have misunderstood when they said the cravings wont be here after surg for about 6 months. I try to stay busy but sometimes it gets overwhelming. I too want to start losing to get the tangible rewards!

Kristie

EFDinSC
on 6/30/09 11:26 am - Surfside Beach, SC
I had LapBand on 6/17, but then complications and back in the hospital for 6 days....5 in ICU.  Other than feeling like I've been run over by a Mack Truck, I'm feeling okay.  The surgeon had to let out all the saline in my band, so I'm feeling some hunger pains.  I'm getting my protein shakes and lots of liquids....just want a big shot of ENERGY!  Hope everyone else is feeling much better!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGH6HKp/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGH6HKp/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

ziamotta
on 7/7/09 9:43 am
I feel the same but my cravings have been for ribs and pulled pork and chips (only because everyone around me keeps chomping on them)!  I finally had a scrambled egg today and it was almost heaven!!!  :0)
Most Active