Surgery Tomorrow at 5AM 6/29/09

JodyG
on 6/28/09 2:30 am
Hi everyone!  I'm sitting here drinking the SF Carnation Instant Breakfast for the first time.  It's actually good.  I have had a terrible time drinking anything over the last two weeks.  Did eveyone have a 2 week pre op full liquid diet?  My doctor is Dr. Kuhn at Baylor and that is his procedure.  I have lost 20 pounds, so that will help with the surgery to some degree.  I'm getting nervous!!  Good luck to all who share my surgery date!
Trisha68
on 6/28/09 2:34 am - Westbury, NY
I wish you an uneventfuly surgery.  Feel better soon and see you on the losing bench.  I will get approxmately 2 more months.

Trisha
JodyG
on 6/28/09 2:51 am, edited 6/28/09 2:51 am
It will fly by.  I so appreciate your kind words, and I hope your path is smooth from here on out. 

Valerie P.
on 6/28/09 3:23 am
Good luck to you tomorrow morning!! I'll be right behind you...but not til 4pm. I didn't have to do the 2 week liquid diet. Today is a bit restrictive...toast for breakfast, soup for lunch, 1pm snack - Magnesium Citrate, and then clears after that until midnight.

I'm nervous...thought I had until Wed for my surgery, but they moved it to Monday. I got that call last Friday. But...let's get it done and get me home so my kids can relax!! My 10 year old daughter is so afraid for me! I keep reassuring her, but she still comes to give me hugs every 10 minutes and complains of not sleeping well because of bad dreams about my surgery! I think she's more scared than I am! Hopefully Grandma can keep her busy enough tomorrow that she will be okay! :)

Good luck to everyone else scheduled for tomorrow!! I know we will all do fabulous!!
JodyG
on 6/28/09 4:41 am
Bless her heart.  Hopefully you will be home by Tuesday evening and she will be reassured.   My prayers are with us all!

lvorona
on 6/28/09 4:21 am
Hi.  My surgery is tomorrow as well!!  I have to be there at 6 a.m. for surgery at 8.  I have been on the "liver shrinking diet" for the past two weeks.  High protein/low calories.  Nothing but liquids after lunch today and nothing after midnight.  Good luck on your surgery.  I am getting nervous also. 

Lisa
JodyG
on 6/28/09 4:43 am
I didn't stick to the pure liquid.  I ate fat free ham slices in the evening.  I still lost 20 pounds, so I am not too worried.  I am starting to get butterflies!  I love and trust my doctor, so hopefully all will go well.  My biggest fear is that it won't work for me.  I see all the before and after pics and think, "Will it happen fo rme?'  That's my fear. 

Valerie P.
on 6/28/09 5:01 am
Hmmm...maybe we should be thinking about all the great things that will happen because of the surgery decision we've made. What are you looking forward to?

I can't wait for my feet to get slimmer...my shoes will fit again!! I'll have more energy to play with my kids! No more headaches...hopefully!

Those are just some for me....anyone else?
Chris B.
on 6/28/09 7:19 am

Hi-- me too!  Lapband at 11:30 AM tomorrow (plus a small repair to my hiatal hernia).  I'm on a clear liquid diet today which was OK right up until about an hour ago... now I'm soooo hungry!  I keep trying to focus on the goal.  Best wishes and prayer for all of us in surgery tomorrow!

Red Butterfly Chris

Carlie
on 6/28/09 8:50 am - MI
Tomorrow is my surgery too.  I have to be there at 5:30am for a 7:45 surgery time.  I had to do liquids for a week and only clear liquids today.  I'm excited too.  It's the first day of the rest of our healthy life.  Blessings to all!  See you on the loser's bench! 
Carlie  

Most Active