anyone else on liquids only for two weeks post op?

mandykay80
on 7/6/09 2:16 am - MN
i had my surgery done on june 30th.  For the first wee****il tomorrow i am on clear liquids only.  In other words i am living off of sugar free popsicles and jello and water. (really cannot have anymore broth!)  Then next week it is full liquids.  They say things like cream of whea****ered down so it falls off of a spoon, creamy soups strained.  My nurse said that with laparscopic, everything is done on a smaller scale or something so it is easier to undo it or something.  (I am finding that this has kind of been like having babies.  You can prepare all you want, but after the actual thing, you wonder if your doing it all right!)  Well anywho, I am wondering if anyone knows about this and maybe some liquid suggestions?  I am not really hungry, mentally when i cook for the husband or kids I thing I am hungry, but once i think about actually eating, I decide that really I am not.  But, I am wondering what i could add next week besides the cream of whea****ered down and cream soups. 

Thanks all!

sande1ma
on 7/6/09 4:04 am - Wewoka, OK
Me, me, me!  I had VSG on 6/29 and on clear liquids for 2 full weeks.     Today is the first day that I feel hungry.  i guess that is why I am on here looking for support to get me though.   For a change... I have Won Ton soup without the won tons.   
mandykay80
on 7/6/09 4:42 am - MN
Which one is the vsg?  is it laparscopic?  and i must ask what is won ton soup?  hmmmm is it nummy???  tell me more  :)
sande1ma
on 7/8/09 1:17 pm - Wewoka, OK
VSG is the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy and yes, mine was done laperscopic.  

WonTon soup is a chinese soup.  It contains wontons that I know that cannot eat... so I remove them and remaining is a clear broth with chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and onions.  Not certain if some restraunts may use sugar too, but mine doesn't.  It is very good for a change of pace and real convenient when I have gone out to lunch with co-workers.
Chris B.
on 7/6/09 9:12 am
I had band surgery on 6/29... and I'm on  full liquids for 3 weeks. Getting pretty tired of the protein shakes especially.. .like you... when cooking for the family.  I'd kill for some soup!

Hang in there.  It's going to be worth it!
 Red Butterfly Chris

NLC77
on 7/10/09 5:55 am
I had my lapband surgery on 6/29, and I also am on liquids for 2 weeks.  I have been doing protein shakes, carnation instant breakfast (sugar free,) the popsicles and jello, of course.  During my 2nd week, I made a cream of broccoli soup, which was totally pureed at the end, and I was eating that.  Yeah, variety's really lacking.  I am definitely starting different soups now, and next week I plan on starting oatmeal and mashed potatoes and other things like that.  
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

Most Active