when did you take your first drink of alcohol?

Melissa True
on 7/8/09 8:42 am - Augusta, ME
I am only 3 weeks out and not thinking of drinknig anytime soon...but I am going on vacation to Jamaicia in April which will bring me to about 10 months out and really want to be able to enjoy a drink or two and be able to enjoy the food choices as well. Iam pretty sure by then I will be fine, but I just need some reassurance that I will be able to do these things.

I am 3 weeks out and down 14 pounds since surgery, down 33 pounds since I started the liquid diet....thats good right?
Baby girl Morgan born 5/28/10, 2 weeks before my 1 year surgiversary. Angel concieved 09/10, lost 10/13/10, was due in June 2011. Baby #2 (our rainbow) on their way, due 7/27/11- Miley Victoria or Maddox Michael
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

mandykay80
on 7/9/09 6:07 am - MN
That is so funny, I am only 9 days out and I CANNOT wait to have a ****tail again!  Tee hee.  Especially with the summer here and bbqs and bonfires and friend and family fun!  Don't get me wrong, I am not an alcoholic or nothin, but I do love my my Captain Morgan 
Alls that I know is that they told me the norm is to wait about a year.  The reasoning was that the part of the intestine that helps to process the alcohol doesnt work or something, so the alcohol is more powerful when it goes into your blood.  And our pouches are smaller stomaches so it is easier to get ulcers.  (I had the RNY surgery done, I cant tell which one you had on this page.)

I hope you have oh so much fun!!!  Have you ever went there before?
  Mandy Kay 

Melissa True
on 7/9/09 6:19 am - Augusta, ME
Yes this will be my third time to Jam Rock! I have been to Negril 2x and this next time I am going to Ocho Rios...

I love to travel, I am 23 and ahve been to Nassau in the Bahamas, Cancun 2x, and Jamacia 2x like I said....

I can not wait to be able to have a drink either....the norm I am hearing and reading is about 6 months....

And I plan to continue taking my prevacid to prevent ulcers so I so be all set....

Believe me I am not an alcoholic at all but just like to relax once and a while...I am praying for no dumping as I love my miami vices and chocolate monkeys!

I will probably start experimenting around the fall time at home to test the waters....so far so good, I haven't been getting sick and I have been trying all kinds of things, not high in sugar or fat but just to get away from the blan junk they allow us to have weeks 2-8....August can;t come quick enough for me
Baby girl Morgan born 5/28/10, 2 weeks before my 1 year surgiversary. Angel concieved 09/10, lost 10/13/10, was due in June 2011. Baby #2 (our rainbow) on their way, due 7/27/11- Miley Victoria or Maddox Michael
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

NewDayDawning
on 7/9/09 7:16 am

I'm a cuervo girl myself.. or Grey Goose.. And while I wasn't that much of a drinker before.. I am of the school that if you tell me that I can't have it - it just makes me want it more.. LOL

Happy hours will be interesting for sure!  At Applebee's they let me put Crystal Lite in my water - which I thought was very very nice of them.

Melissa - I think 14 pounds is great.  When was the last time you lost 14 pounds in 2 months?  If you're like me you didn't even come close! 

You may find you don't even WANT the high sugar/calorie drinks when you get down to Jamaica.  You will be looking and feeling FINE by then..  Time will tell :)

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

mspat
on 7/11/09 9:02 am
I thought once you had surgery you can't drink alchol anymore, I heard it can kill you !!!
allichristine
on 7/16/09 2:54 am
I am six weeks out and perhaps I am going to go to hell for it...but I had a glass of wine last sat. Granted I watered it down and drank it over 3 hours. But honestly no harm done.  I didn't get drunk and I felt fine.

It will not kill you.:) I am going to avoid all carbonated drinks and sugary juices- so most ****tails are out...sadly enough.  But my dr. said wine was safe.
NLC77
on 7/23/09 7:44 am
I have a lapband, and at my 2 week post-op appointment, my doctor told me it was not restricted.  Yay!  He then reminded me that alcohol had a lot of calories.  haha..  I told him not to worry, I really just wanted one glass of chianti!!  :-)
Nancy 
Surgery Date:  June 29, 2009
First Fill:  August 13, 2009 - 4cc

Most Active