Anyone else in a funk?

kelibr
on 7/21/09 5:37 am
I had my RNY June 30 and for the past two days I have been in such a funk.  I am tired and just feel like crawling in the bed and sleeping.  Is this normal?

Kelly

High/Surgery/Current/Goal
       288/242/138/145

mvdelamora
on 7/22/09 9:58 pm - Chicago, IL
HI k,

I heard it's normal to feel tired due to the extra work your body is going thru to loose the weight.  I do feel tired, but did even before the surgery.  God just gives me enough strength to keep going and i zonk out once the girls are in bed.  Majority of the time I knock out on the couch and don't wake til 2a-3a when I head to bed.

I have been on a funk, emotinally, but I think it goes hand in hand with the family issues I have(not with the hubby, but mom & aunt, brother & sister & dad)

I feel like I have worked so HARD to get to where I am today and struggled since I had no one besides God to loan me a hand and I don't think I've done so bad for myself.  As a kid I was mistreated, walk-on, a push-over, abused and the list goes on.  That now that I'm an a adult and on top of that a mother, I refuse to bend my arm for people's dishonesty, rudeness, or even the minor attempt to try and see me as a push over.  I'm so emotinally exhausted!  But yet to my family since I have an college education I shouldn't stand up to my beliefs.  To them I'm too "white" or want to be.  How rude is that!!! or I'm not Mexican enough.  Whatever that means!!!  Yet to my in-laws I'm too Mexican!!!  So sad that never in my life I had to deal with something like this.  Well at least not in my family.  School is another story. 

My thing is that I refuse to speak GHETTO as my siblings do!  I am an adult and most importantly I have children who look up to me and want to repeat each and every word I say.  I refuse to be that kind of example to my kids!  It's sad!  Then they want to lie to my face about things and get caught up.  One of the many things I dislike is dishonesty and being a hipocrit!  I can't force myself to have a conversation with someone who I know has lied to me about something especially if its grave you know!  yet, I'm the one with the issues because I decide to back away and stay away. 

Sorry I know this is kinda of the WLS topic... Didn't mean to unload on you hon, but thanks for reading..I hope and pray you feel better soon!
kelibr
on 7/22/09 10:58 pm
I think all of it comes to an emotional head after surgery.  I am on the outs with most of my family but that was before surgery.  My husband has been ok but every time we get in a fight he makes comments like "we had to spend so much money for you to have surgery because you couldn't loose weight".  I know he doesn't mean it.. he just gets nasty when he fights.  =)

You should always stand up for what you believe in and be who you are.... don't worry what all those others think.  They are ignorant.. not you.

I hope this gets better for both of us..
Kelly

288/242/138/145

mvdelamora
on 7/23/09 7:34 am - Chicago, IL

Thank you Kelly,

I hear ya.  Fortunately, for us my husband's insurance paid for it.  Unfortunately, I've never had a solid family and that's what continues to hurt you know.  Especially, because I have children now.  Just feels like things get worse as time goes by with their negative atittudes when they see something good happening.  They eventually get to me. 

I just hate the phrase turn the other cheek....Call me stubborn, but I can't.  Sometimes, it just feels like I'm pushing everyone away and I guess it hurts more cuz they are family(blood) you know.  

I pray too that it gets better! Thanks for listening

kelibr
on 7/23/09 10:43 pm
I hope things get better for you too.   My husband and my family have always been at odds... so I will always have a strained relationship with them.  My husbands family...well they are just another culture.  And sometimes that clashes as well.  Plus most don't speak english and live very far away.  Although they are most of the time nice.  It's really just us and the kids...and that gets so tiring sometimes.  I envy my friends who can drop their kids off at the grandparents so they can have some time.  I will never have that...

Kelly

288/242/138/145

jvogt
on 7/27/09 11:26 pm - Hartland, WI
I have found that if I eat something high in protein before I go to bed, I do much better in the mornings. Give it a try. You are tired because our bodies are working very hard, first to heal, next to except what we had done to it. It still requires the nutrition to function, so we need to make sure we give it what it needs. It takes a lot of time and effort. I think that you need to have a serious talk with your husband about his comment about the money. This is not an easy decision, and it is not the easy way out. You don't need to have hurtful things said to you. Stand up for yourself and ask him to please stop. After all, he will be sharing the benefits!

Jod
RNY 6/22/09
Arriving at one goal, is a starting point to another

kelibr
on 7/28/09 6:47 am
I may try that.  I try to split my protein throughout the day but I don't get much at night.  Thanks.
I have talked with him.  I informed him that my body nor my mind needed his negative energy.  If he couldn't be nice then don't talk.  I can't afford any more stress.  Plus he is lucky I am able to do all I do.  I was back to work full time in a week and few days.  Plus I take care of the kids, cook and do dishes. (he does some too, don't worry)  But just being able this early on with out whining I think is doing great.  

Kelly

288/242/138/145

sheilapowershill
on 12/31/09 12:33 am
Get vitamin b-12 shots!  That was the biggest help I received.  Exhaustion can cause emotional distress.  Talk to your doctor!

kelibr
on 12/31/09 12:40 am
Thanks.  I actually started a sublingual B-12 and things got better. 
Kelly

288/242/138/145

Most Active