Recent Posts

sleevegirl
on 7/7/12 6:28 am - Austin, TX
Topic: RE: 1yr Checkins
Just checking in... my one year was a couple of weeks ago (I'm almost always late to the party) LOL. I lost 159 in my first year. Yay! I've lost down to 210 as of this morning and hoping to hit 175 in this next year and figure out where to go from there.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

princessfrogee
on 7/3/12 11:43 pm - AL
Topic: RE: Has it really been a yr? And is that REALLY me???
AmberLee72: First of all, thank you!  I have not hit goal.  I have "stalled" at same weight for months now.  I have lost some in inches, I know, and because I am now working out I know I am also gaining muscle and muscle weight, but I also know I have to crack back down on what I am eating and how much.  It is so easy to fall back into old habits.  I don't do too bad, just know I can be doing much better.  Having said that, even if I don't lose any more, I can be happy where I am.  There are parts of me that are already very skinny and bony and I hope not to lose any more in those areas.  Just REALLY want to tone up the saggy baggies if you know what I mean!  LOL  I have a bad shoulder/elbow that has kept me from doing more aggressive workouts than I would like to.  I am finally getting in good enough shape that I hope to amp up my workouts for the rest of my body soon.  I know I may never get rid of all the saggy baggies, but I can at least get healthy trying!

Secondly, WOW!  Your before and after pics look more like mother/daughter pics!  You look great! 

For the most part I can eat what I want... to a point.  There are some foods I shouldn't eat that give me difficulty and that is par the course since I SHOULDN'T be eating them!  (breads, rice, pasta, potatoes etc)  I usually only eat those when I have to eat out and I am happy with eating a bite or two and giving it to someone else to finish.  MY KIDS LOVE ME!!  ha ha  

I was just discussing on the RNY board the other day how there are "big pouch" days and "little pouch" days.  Some days I seem to be able to eat more than I should and other days I barely eat a thing and I am full.  Sometimes it is a matter of the ol' taste buds.  One day something tastes good and the next it doesn't.  Others have said the same thing.  There are some days I can eat chicken or hamburger meat and other days I can eat it, but it doesn't set well or feel like it goes down so well.  In one hand I am "lucky" I have not had more issues or sugar or  lactose intollerance, etc, but on the other hand, it is easy to want to eat those foods.  My weight loss has not changed my hypoglycemia, so in that respect, that keeps me in check pretty good with my sugars.  Thankfully, I am not an ice cream fanatic, I can eat a small scoop or a few bites and be fine with that.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
AmberLee72
on 7/3/12 2:26 am
Topic: RE: Has it really been a yr? And is that REALLY me???
Wow Princess! You look amazing! It's so crazy that it really has been a year! How are you doing with food a year out? I feel like I can eat drastically more than I could before. Scares me a little! Are you still losing? I hit my goal on June 7th and havent lost anything since. I would really love to lose more but I dont know if that will actually ever happen. Seems to have stopped all together now. BUT I am happy with where I'm at. So I really can't complain! Congrats beautiful! Here's to another year!

princessfrogee
on 7/2/12 10:10 am - AL
Topic: Has it really been a yr? And is that REALLY me???
                Pre-op May 21, 2011  334.40 lbs

Mother's Day 2012 almost one year from surgery date 

July 2, 2012 : Total loss so far is 107.4 lbs
Happy where I am, but would love to lose some more!

princessfrogee
on 7/2/12 10:01 am - AL
Was on vacation over our surgiverary and did not have internet access, but thought of you all and how it just doesn't seem like it was just a year ago we were having our surgeries.  Spent a week with family and went on to spend a week at the beach.  For the first time in years I wore a bathing suit in public.  Still not ok with getting my picture taken in one, but at least I wasn't covered up with clothes and could get a decent sunburn.   I have lost a total of 107.4 lbs.  I am 5'11" and was a 26/28 pre-op and now in loose 18's ...and where I was in a size 12 shoe, I can now wear some 11's again!   If it weren't for the loose skin, the jeans/shirt sizes would probably be even lower.

I work out twice a week with a personal trainer and hope to amp that up now that I am getting in better shape.  My life has seemed to plan itself for me over the past year and a half and has been quite chaotic being the full time caregiver of home, kids and a disabled SIL, while husband has had to take jobs overseas.  The stress levels are at their highest peaks now and my exercise routine has been a savior!  Seems to be the ONLY thing I get to do for ME any more.   Just have to watch falling back into stress eating habits!! I am not doing horribly, just know I can always do better.

I posted some current pics on my blog/photo albums page and updated my blog as well.  Sounds like everyone is doing great and keeping on keeping on.    Glad to hear the success stories!

princessfrogee
on 7/2/12 9:39 am - AL
Topic: RE: Breaking Through The Plateaus
I have been terrible about checking in and keeping up on OH so just now seeing your post.  You seem like you have such a good plan and stick with it so well.  Great job!  I am working on it. I don't do horribly, but know I can ALWAYS make improvements.  Hope to "grow up" and be just like you and stick to the guns more!  Congratulations!   

princessfrogee
on 7/2/12 8:26 am - AL
Topic: RE: Roll call!! How are all the Junies doing??
Sorry I have been bad about keeping updated.  Have updated my pics in my photo albums.  Will see if I can figure out how to post them to a msg post later.

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 7/1/12 11:14 pm
I finally lost 100 lbs but I have so much excess skin. My scale says 210 but I look much smaller and wearing 14-12. I love shopping in new stores but really can't wait til I can not have to wear shape wear
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

mlyssa971
on 6/14/12 2:59 am
That is wonderful. I plan to lose more weight but even if I don't I am happier and healther that I was 1yr ago. 

Crabadams72
on 6/13/12 11:57 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I was 233 DOS and I am now 126 and a size 2 or 4 or 0. LOL!

Either way I am amazed. : )
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active