Recent Posts

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/4/11 4:01 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Date schedules
I started Optifast on April 26th.  So I am on day 9.  I am doing a 6-week liquid diet.  It really has not been bad.  Talking to others I have worked with is that it is hard if you go through carb withdrawl.  I pretty much wiped simple carbs (sugar, flour, white potatoes) out of my diet already so I did not go through carb withdrawl. You can do it!

Winnie

That_816_Princess
on 5/3/11 10:58 pm - MO
 Wow, I am a litle late finding this board BUT I am here now.

My date is June 13th, 2011 start my 2 week pre-op all liquid diet on May 30th..can we say no barbecue for me..LOL

I will take back my body and take back my health! 
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leeshas-WLS-Journey-with-Gizmo-her-pouch/237635902947481 
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheLovelyRANDOMNESS
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/locdagoddess

Mommy2Boys
on 5/3/11 2:17 am - TN
I'll be joining you guys on the June '11 board.  I'm scheduled for 6/6/11.  I'm nervous and excited.  Most of my nerves are about being able to stick to the two week pre-op diet that I start on 5/23.  Clearly, I'm not the best at sticking to diets.  I think I'd die if I had to do six weeks.  Bless your heart.  I'm also not looking forward to telling some of my family that I am certain won't be supportive.  In a perfect world I wouldn't tell them, but there is no way around it.  Needless to say I'm putting that off as long as possible.

Kaysmommy
on 4/28/11 12:44 pm - Silver City, NM
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to be scheduled for surgery in June. I go for my seminar in about 2 weeks and the hospital I'm going with usually schedules their surgeries shortly thereafter. I still can't believe how Close I am to this actualy happening. I'm still speechless and trying to talk about it with my families at this point is really akeward, does anyone else feel thisway?
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 1:41 am, edited 4/27/11 1:41 am - Elkton, MD

I just got scheduled for June 27th. Hoping this one sticks! I was denied and had to appeal. But I have to redo my cardio and pulmonary clearances first. Hope they dont screw with my new date.

J. Stickney
on 4/26/11 8:49 am - MA
Hi! 

I just got my surgery date today... June 6. I'm excited and anxious all at the same time!  :)

~ Judi
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/15/11 11:49 pm
Holly, 

Thanks!  Great to know there are other June people out there.  I can't wait.  I start my pre-op diet 4/26.  I have to do 6 weeks of Optifast.  I know it will be a killer but hoping to get a jump on the weight loss.

Winnie

Holly O.
on 4/15/11 10:05 pm - FL
I am hoping to have my surgery in June sometime.......would love to stay in touch.  -Holly
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/17/11 8:38 pm
Topic: Surgery Date schedules
Yesterday I received my surgery date:  6/8/2011.  I had to schedule around a couple of personal events.  I am looking forward to talking to others with a date around mine.

Winnie

Most Active