Need information

Sonya P.
on 7/11/03 1:35 am - Camden, AR
A friend of mine was looking into having bariatric surgery also. Does anyone know the requirement for Medicaid and/or Arkansas Rehab and how to go about this. Thanks
Angela P.
on 7/11/03 1:21 pm - Dardanelle, AR
Hi Sonya, I just started with Rehab. to see if they will pay for what my insurance will not. Just have your friend call the local office, set up an appt. and go from there. It helps if at the first appt. you take copies of medical chart(I took from last 2 doctors), letters of Recommendation from a doctor (had 2)plus the paper they send you. I also wrote a three page letter saying why I wanted the surgery and why I needed it. I told them everything, all of my co-morbidities, thoughts and feelings. Rehab has gotten more strict because it was first abused. You have to have a BMI of atleast 55 and of course the co-morbidities. Anything documented by a doctor like back, knee, ankle, foot or hip problems is also great. Just tell her to not hide anything! Good Luck to her and you. Angela
Debbie M.
on 7/13/03 7:57 am - Conway, Ar
Sonya, Hi this is Debbie Moya, I have been trying Arkansas Rehab for about 6 month's so fare. Here are the thing's she will need : 1.Documentation that she has been morbidly obese for at least 5 year's. 2.Documentation That you have tried diet before under Dr. care. The Dr. should write a letter stateing : Ms._____has attempted to lese weight under my supervision for one year wighout success. I recommend that she be provided weight loss surgery. (Make sure she has the Doc write these word's ). My Doc didn't exactly word it this way and I had to get another letter. 3. Treating Physician's clinic notes documenting weight loss efforts over past year. 4. Co-Morbid Condition's: such as severe diabetes mellitus, Obstructive sleep apnea, Obesity related Cardiomyopathy. and any type of back, knee, hip, reflux,just any type of health related problem. 5. General medical assessment documenting diagnosis of morbid obesity. and any other high-risk comorbid condition's . 6. Mental health assessment Stating you don't have condition that will prevent restoration services. (I didn't have to worry about this because I already have a job. this is if they have to put you in job placement). 7. Specialest recommendation that they think they need weight loss surgery. 8. Documentation from weight reduction surgeon stating you are an appropriate candidate for weight reduction surgery. ( You don't have to worry about this, Your councelor will ask you which surgeon you would like to use so make sure you do reserch) and then she will set up. an appointment to talk to him. I used doc. baker.) You councelor will send you a letter telling you wheather they can help. she will put you in a catagory. Well I think that about covers it Debbie Moya
Most Active