No stricture but no real answers to vomiting & pain...

Special_KLJ2
on 4/18/11 7:58 am - Olathe, KS
Revision on 03/12/14
 I had an EGD today to see if I had a stricture or any other issues that could be causing all of my vomiting and tummy pain.  They did find erosive esophagitis and gastric polyps so they removed the polyps and I should know what type they are and if they are anything to worry about in 2 weeks.  I looked them up online and they (rarely) cause pain & vomiting but my doctor always says my body is an anomaly and it does opposite of what it should so they were probably the trouble.  :)  I have been on PPI's for years and they can also cause polyps but I need them for the acid, go figure.  
Karen L. Johnson    
bookfaerie
on 4/18/11 8:33 am
 We had someone here who had Peterson's? hernia that the Dr's didn't find until they did exploratory. If you're still having problems, I'd recommend being the squeeky wheel until they get it fixed. 
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Victorious_one
on 4/22/11 5:41 am - South Central, PA

I was vomiting like crazy (clear stomach acid, no food) without a stricture or anything for months.  Eventually, I got put on TPN for malnutrition, and the vomiting stopped cold.

I didn't have pain, though...

How are your lab numbers?  If your protein is low, the TPN may help to give you some relief.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Ann M.
on 4/22/11 1:04 pm - GA

Erosive esophagitis can be very painful (at least it was when I had it). Hopefully if you get that under control the vomiting will go away. How are they planning to treat it?

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 435 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 882 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 296 views