Hello again!

lookingup2
on 8/6/11 7:36 am - Sharpsburg, GA
 I have not been on here in about a year.  When I went to sign in, everything had changed.  I couldn't even log in with my old info.  So here I am with a whole new me.  I was lookingup.  Now I am lookingup2.  I had my surgery 10-28-08 and have lost all of the weight I need to.  I started at 340 and was 315 by surgery day.  Today I am 155.  I have maintained my weightloss for over a year and I eat like a pig!  I adopted a 14 year old girl from Latvia and am a first time mom at age 62.....none of which I could have done without weightloss!!!  My first year after surgery was awful.  I was sick all the time and had a million medical tests done.  Finally, after several hospitalizations, IV feedings, fluid infusions, and exploratory surgery, they discovered my stomach and liver had fused.  That was fixed, and I have been home free ever since!!  I would go through all that again to be where I am today.  Before surgery I walked with a cane.  Now, I jump on the trampoline with my daughter.  Before surgery I had to sit in a chair to load and upload the dishwasher.  A week ago, I cooked a wonderful dinner for 10 relatives while standing on my feet!  I would not go back to my former self for love or money!  For those out there considering the surgery, don't wait, I only wish I had done it sooner!

I do have one question for you old timmers out there.  I really poop A LOT!!!  Like 6 or more times a day.  Is that normal????
newyorkbitch
on 8/6/11 7:51 am, edited 8/6/11 8:10 am
Stop "eating like  a pig" and you might poop less - but there's no harm in pooping a lot,  as long as you don't have hemmorhoids or fissures.  But they may be in your future.  I'm 11.5 years post-op,  I poop about 3x a day.  But you shouldn't compare yourself to me....it's still relatively early in the journey for you - things will change.

Also...eventually,  eating too many carbs will cause you to gain weight back.    I suggest that you learn to eat a lower carb diet BEFORE the weight creeps back on.  Maybe you can avoid the regain that way, which so many DSers experience.
beemerbeeper
on 8/6/11 8:18 am - AL
Pooping that often generally means you are eating a lot of carbs. 

Make sure you get your labs looked at by the lab experts here.  If you are using your surgeon for lab advice IN MY OPINION you could wind up in a world of hurt.

Congrats on your new wonderful life and on your adoption.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 1:08 pm - Beverly, NJ
I love positive stories! Congrats on the weight loss and the adoption! My partner and I talk about adopting if we have a hard time conceiving. With all those kids out there needing homes I feel like it would be such an awesome choice for us.

lookingup2
on 8/6/11 11:15 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
 It is the most wonderful experience!  She is from Latvia, a small country in Eastern Europe which use to be part of the Soviet Union.  I first hosted her through New Horizons for Children.  She was with me for five weeks last summer and I fell in love so I inquired about adoption and God just took over then!  I spent two weeks with her in Latvia last December.  Then she came home with me.  We arrived on December 25!  What a gift from the Lord!  I especially wanted an older girl because there is a very high incidence of these girls ending up in prostitution when they age out of the system.  What I did not know when I started this experience is that there are only a very few countries in the whole world who would allow someone my age (and single!) to adopt and Latvia is one of them....another gift from God!  The adoption was final on July 28.  We still have to go to Latvia one more time in September to finalize her citizenship.

The other BIG thing is that before I lost the weight I could barely make it from morning to night without pain meds and naps.  I walked with a cane and even had a wheel chair in the house to do everyday chores.  I paid someone to clean my house and mow my grass.  Now, I gave away my wheel chair and cane and I do my own house cleaning and yard.  There is no way I would have been able to keep up with a teenager at 340 lbs.  Furthermore, I probably would not have passed the physical!  God is good!
scoob
on 8/7/11 12:32 am - Somerset, KY
So awesome! I'm so happy for you! You have done wonderfully and a child! You have been truly blessed! Congrats!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views