Pomp Patients: who orders the labs? pomp or the nut?

Twi light
on 8/8/11 6:33 am - NY
Basically i would like to avoid seeing the nut if i can. i do not like her , she is annoying and talks like she is on blend of uppers, unicorn tears and sunshine, I can not stand either one of them and i followed their recommended diet post op for 1 day whi*****luded oatmeals, some soft veggies, cream of wheat, etc, was bloated and gassy as fck and annoyed in general, felt worse than ever that day.

So, who orders the labs? I know i can go to my PCP and I will but i am seeing Pomp first so this is faster and i am curious about my labs right now

Generic User_Name
on 8/8/11 6:48 am, edited 8/8/11 6:49 am
 I know what you mean about Liz Goldenberg!!!!!!!!!  I assume she is the one you are talking about.  She is very knowledgeable compared to the NUT my wife visits here in Knoxville.

Call Kimberly Wu who is Dr. Pomp's admin assistant.  She printed out my lab slip and electronically signed Dr. Pomp's name and emailed it to me.  The form she sent me had his information as the physician who ordered the labs.

Now, if you are interested in your lab results, you can call or email Kim Wu about 2 weeks after you had your labs drawn and request she scan and email you a copy of the results.

Hope that helps!!

Twi light
on 8/8/11 7:33 am - NY
Thank you !!!

Kim is a freaking amazing admin assistant, i dealt with her preop and am thrilled she does all these lab orders and everything. She is so awesome!   She got me my labs las time in 3 days- the preop ones.

I will go ahead and just talk to her, makes life easier.

Yes i was talking about liz goldberg, she clearly eats baby unicorns for breakfast, i have no other way of explaining.

newyorkbitch
on 8/8/11 11:40 am, edited 8/8/11 11:40 am
Liz Goldenberg is knowledgeable,  has been doing this for over 12 years,  she's smart too.  Consider yourself lucky to be a patient where there is a highly qualified nutritionist.  Who cares if you don't like her personally - you don't need a friend, you need a good nutritionist.

Gagner was my surgeon.  He's the best of the best,  right?  Yes indeed,  and he's an asshole.  It doesn't matter - I wasn't looking for a friend,  I was looking for a surgeon.

krissywats
on 8/10/11 7:48 pm - Kew Gardens, NY
I do this too, except I then take the slip to my PCP and we discuss what else to add to those that Pompy-poo ordered (like osteocalcin).  I then take those with me directly to the lab (I like Bio-reference) so they don't screw up those that need to be frozen or shielded from light. I have the lab send them to both Pomp and my PCP.  I like doing it this way because it also keeps my PCP in the loop and I get a copy from her and chart it before I ever see Pomp.

I'm not a Liz fan either.  She gave me a lot of RNY information (she told me to eat low fat and to take less vits even when Pomp was happy with what I'm taking.  She also wanted me originally on the prescription D.....sigh).  I stopped seeing her after my first visit.  There was no point.

7/19/09 - DS with Dr. Alfons Pomp
7/11/12 -  tummy tuck, UBL, larg lipo sculpting of torso, lipo of "buffalo hump" with Dr. Sauceda
beemerbeeper
on 8/8/11 7:07 am, edited 8/8/11 7:08 am - AL
I'm confused.  You had your DS on 7/12?  If so you don't need labs until 10/12.  It is too early for labs at one month out.

As long as you get all these: docs.google.com/Doc just get them ordered where it is easiest.  Make sure they write "release all results to patient" and then find out where you can go to get your results yourself.  This can help cut out the middle man which can slow down getting your results.

~Becky

Twi light
on 8/8/11 7:31 am, edited 8/8/11 7:36 am - NY
hmmm my packet says you will get lab orders at 1 month visit? maybe they just give them but you get them drawn around 3 months and then return, not sure

i am in NY state i dont think they can release results to patient, atleast when i go to Quest, it says labs must be released to physician but i know other states it can be accessed by patient, anyone know more info on this? 

beemerbeeper
on 8/8/11 7:41 am - AL
I have no idea what your surgeon's program is.  I am just commenting on what is generally done which is labs at 3,6,9 and 12 months the first year.  I am not sure what value labs at 4 weeks would really be.

Your labs do have to go to a physician but you should also be able to get a copy.   If the lab won't give you a copy you can A) switch to another lab or B) find another way to get the results.

The bottom line is that you need the results not just comments from whoever reviews them.  However you get them is up to you.  I was just trying to share what I have learned that has made it easier for me. 

~Becky

Twi light
on 8/8/11 7:43 am - NY
Yes i usually just request copies from the office. I already have an excel spreadsheet going with my pre lab stuff entered and i saved the PDFs on my medical emergency flash drive.  It would be nice to just get them direct from the lab but as far as i was able to determine the state does not allow labs released to patients

sandyv63
on 8/8/11 11:37 am - Naples, FL
Florida is the same way but if you can get your doctor to allow Quest to send you the results, you will receive a copy in the mail around the same time the doctor does.  Just ask the doctor's office to notify Quest that you should also receive the results and you should have no problem whatsoever.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1204 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 498 views