I'm looking for a thread, but can't find it.

beth-28
on 11/26/11 4:06 pm
I know what I need to take to the hospital, but I've been looking to see what I need when I come home. I thought there was a thread on here, but I searched...found other forums like the VSG, but I really wanted the DS version.

So far I have GasX strips, Tucks pads or wipes, but thats it except for the prescriptions the surgeon gave me last week. Those are filled and we picked them up today to have here when I get home.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. Any suggestions, or can anyone provide the link?

Thanks so much!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

kirmy
on 11/26/11 9:45 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Soup! Lacto free milk, types of tea, types of cordial, juices.  Some folks hired a recliner chair for three weeks or so for ease of sleeping but I did fine in a nest of pillows in bed.  You won't really want to lay flat after surgery mainly due to reduced air entry from being in bed. When sleeping it is a must to have  good pillows and lots of them. 

Also you'll need a good waxy moisturiser.  Norwegian blend is excellent as it is made for cold, windy places and your scaly skin will thank you. A couple of good box sets of DVD's and a TV are perfect.  Someone to kick you up the arse and get you to walk every hour even if it is just to the back door and back.

Hibicleanse skin disinfectant. I swear by it post op.  Both Kingy and I used it to shower with every day and neither of us got infections in our port sites (and that was after evil nurses touched our wounds without washing their hands).  Non-stick dressings. You'll need about 5-7 of these per day once you're out of hospital for about a week or so depending on your wound leakage. This varies but you should be mostly scabbed up by then and leaving them open to the air is good at that juncture.

Hmmmm that's all I can think of for now.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
zuzupetals2u2
on 11/27/11 2:01 am - Sedona, AZ
I ate quite a few sugar free popsicles the week after the surgery and chicken broth and creamed soups also.

I don't think Gas-X is going to help much personally.

Hydration is the priority when you get home so things like Crystal Lite will also come in handy if you don't like to drink a lot of plain water.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Kingy
on 11/27/11 4:50 am - Hobart, Australia
I don't really have anything to add to the list but just wanted to wish you all the best and I'll be sending the good karma your way!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1214 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 504 views