Unusual craving?

AundreaSmith
on 4/3/12 11:14 pm - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
I have an odd craving...I WANT AN ORANGE! 

Called the physician's office today and asked if I could partake in a sip of OJ or a few Mandarin orange slices.   And of course, the answer was a very swift and definitive, "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

So my question to all the vets out there, do you guys eat any oranges?  Citrus fruits?  Maybe my body is just craving the orangy goodness of a heavy navel orange or just needs some vitamin C, not sure but it sounds soooo good right now.  I know they are high in sugar, but I didn't know if you add them to your yogurt in the mornings or blend them into a protein smoothie.

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

MajorMom
on 4/3/12 11:31 pm - VA
I eat a little clementine with my iron supplements. All that fiber is good for us too.
--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

buffalobillsfan
on 4/3/12 11:51 pm - CA
Whenever I start seriously craving fruit, I also realize I'm super thirsty. 

AundreaSmith
on 4/3/12 11:52 pm - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Oh good, I have heard that some people who've had the DS are unable to tolerate any sort of citrus fruits.  This gives me something to look forward to later on!  For right now, I will bump up my vitamin C intake and hopefully that will take care of the craving.

Typically my body tells me what it needs, so I will listen to it! 

AundreaSmith
on 4/3/12 11:53 pm - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
It certainly could be that I need a bit of hydration, I will get some water in ASAP.

galla1
on 4/3/12 11:59 pm
 I periodically have a slice of orange or a couple mangarine  slices.. I didn't try it until I was about 6 months out.
WowMomLol
on 4/4/12 12:11 am - MI

Costco’s Kirkland Vit C has an orange tangy flavor.  They are what I take with my iron.  It’s like getting a piece of candy.  They are not as sour as others I’ve tried.

maryc543
on 4/4/12 12:56 am
When you're further out, you'll be able to have an orange or a tangerine....   I love the little peel-able clementines....   just have to factor them in when thinking about your carbs/sugars....   i squeeze lemons and limes over food all the time... I make chicken breasts with a lime reduction...and top it with salsa!      Give yourself a little time, and you can have citrus!   Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Blank Out
on 4/4/12 3:05 am
 I have no issues with citrus.  I put off raw fruits and veggies until I was 4 mos out, and then only in very small quantities.   Go slow.  Now, at two years out, I have to watch my fiber intake, as it causes more constipation problems for me.  That is my main issue to manage.  You will have very little room for such things, as you will need to focus on protein mostly.  Wait, and you will be able to have the things you are craving when you are much further out.  The quantities will be much smaller, of course...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Sarah_Anne
on 4/4/12 5:01 am
 Took me almost a year to eat acidic things without throwing up.  But guess what?  It was worth it.  I run miles every day, look good (even if I do say so myself) and feel even better.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1208 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 502 views