How my DS works at 3 1/4 years out

beemerbeeper
on 12/3/12 3:45 am - AL

After my DS I lost down to a very low weight.  I didn't look good but I loved being so thin.  I gained a little and could no longer wear the smallest jeans I owned but I was comfortable in a certain size and it fit me well.  Not too tight, just right.

I stayed at that size for nearly 3 years.  Then I started stress eating carbs.  I stopped supplementing protein and ate candy.

My weight didn't ZOOM up like it would have pre-DS but I DID GAIN WEIGHT.  I could no longer wear any of my large quantity of pants and jeans that I had collected over 3 years.  I could only wear a couple of pair of stretchy pants that I happened to have.

I had a dog show coming up and stretchy pants are not  " the style" so I had to go buy two pair of jeans in the next largest size.  Pretty soon THOSE were getting too tight.

On Thanksgiving I made a decision to loose that weight by Christmas.  I knew how to do it.  I had the tools and the recipes and the knowledge. 

Today, only two weeks since I started eating correctly I am wearing the largest of my size clothes that I could not wear on Thanksgiving.  I know without a doubt that on Christmas I will be able to pick any pair of the pants and jeans in my closet and they will fit.

This is my experience and why I love my DS.  Your mileage may vary.

And as an aside I follow VitaLady's basic plan tweaked to my labs.  I take Calcium and Mag Citrate six times a day.  EVERY day which keeps my labs where they need to be (along with all the other recommended vitamins of course).  When I eat correctly I have to add Mag Oxide once or twice a day to keep from being constipated. When I eat crap I don't have to take that.

Becky

* Gail R *
on 12/3/12 4:08 am - SF Bay Area, CA

Hi Becky, I'm glad to hear the DS is serving you well. My story is the same as yours, except I am not loosing that excess weight but, after going back to basics, I am no longer gaining. I have a feeling that it will soon be coming off again. I thought I had stretched out my stomach because I could eat much larger meals. I am finding that if I stick mostly to proteins, as in the past, I fill up faster and and stay full. So to those of you tempted to eat too many carbs---DON'T DO ITsurprise

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

beemerbeeper
on 12/3/12 4:15 am - AL

*LIKE*

Huneypie
on 12/3/12 4:33 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Becky, nice to see you. I was a lurker when you were more active here. BTW how do you manage six batches of calcium? I do three of calcium plus two of iron and two of zinc.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

beemerbeeper
on 12/5/12 12:44 pm - AL

I take two large batches, one in the morning and one at bedtime.  I'm LUCKY and don't have to take iron but when I did take it I took it in the middle of the night with Vit. C.  I take zinc with my big batches..so far so good.

For the other four doses of Calcium, D, and Mag Citrate I set a timer.  Sometimes I get in a fifth dose sometimes I only get three but usually I get the four.

~Becky

A. C
on 12/3/12 4:53 am

It's great to understand how to work it!  Sounds like you are!

Calcium is where I am lacking.  I need to bump it up a bit. 

beemerbeeper
on 12/5/12 12:46 pm - AL

If you don't get enough calcium your body will leech it from your bones.  At my age a fall is bad enough but a broken hip due to osteoporosis is unthinkable.  So I take my calcium!!!  I had a VERY bad fall and got a concussion and some bad bruises but nothing broke.  My bone density tests also show that my bones are doing great.  So I take my Calcium!!!  Good luck!

~Becky

Valerie G.
on 12/3/12 5:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Maintenance isn't that big of a deal at all, is it?  I love that I can drop it back down.  I've gone up and down 10 lbs and my latest gain went to my boobs and butt, a welcome addition this time, if I do say so myself.  I love my curves.  I

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

beemerbeeper
on 12/5/12 12:46 pm - AL

You are my hero!!!

~Becky

teachmid
on 12/3/12 5:57 am - OKC, OK
So wonderful to hear from you, Becky!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics